Forum Discussion

KellyLyons1
Qrew Trainee
16 days ago
Solved

Can I use quickbase actions within the same table?

Is there a way to create an action to modify fields in the same table where the action is taking place?

For example, when I change the status to XXX, I want the follow up date field to be changed to 45days from the schedule date field.  

• There is some talk that they are going to deprecate the use of new actions in June so probably the official recommendation from Quickbase to use a pipeline.  But existing actions would still work.

But it answer your question yes.  Just make a new report link field and configure the left and right fields to be the same Record ID field if the record  so it points to itself.  Then use that report link field in the action  

1 Reply

• There is some talk that they are going to deprecate the use of new actions in June so probably the official recommendation from Quickbase to use a pipeline.  But existing actions would still work.

But it answer your question yes.  Just make a new report link field and configure the left and right fields to be the same Record ID field if the record  so it points to itself.  Then use that report link field in the action