I wanted to be the first to share the exciting news that this summer we will be introducing a brand-new Community site. This update will provide the Community with a modern look and feel, and lots of improved functionality to help make it easier than ever to connect and collaborate with other members. The best part is that there is no need for a new bookmark because the Community will still be found right where it's always been at "community.quickbase.com".
This is a big step for us because it allows the Community to evolve beyond simply being a place to ask and answer questions. As always, you'll be able to collaborate with other Quick Base problem-solvers, but the new Community will also be a central hub for members to find out about the latest Quick Base news, sign up for local events, share and celebrate successes, provide feedback, and even connect with like-minded app builders from similar industries or job functions.
Of course, every change comes with questions so I thought it would be nice to pass on some additional information and give everyone an opportunity to ask follow-up questions right here. If you're interested in a little more detail about what's coming or want to see what this will look like then read on! What is staying the same?
What is changing?
- The URL for this Community will be the same after the change
- We will still have a forum focused for posting Questions and Answers like the community we have today
- Relevant Community content will still show up in the search within Quick Base itself
- You will still sign in with your Quick Base credentials
- All the existing content and posts that have been created since February 2017 will still be available
- Content from before 2017 that is still popular, or has been active since February 2017, will also continue to be available
What can I do to help?
- A totally revamped look and more user friendly UI to simplify everything from signing in, to posting questions and attaching pictures or videos to your posts
- A dedicated space to learn about our releases and Quick Base News including events
- Job boards for finding or posting about new opportunities
- More robust profiles to tell other users more about yourself and your passions
- The ability to connect directly with other users and message one another in the Community
- Support for sub-Communities, allowing members create spaces to connect and collaborate with other people who share their interests, are from the same region, or even work at the same company (more details on how to sign up will be published soon) or regional/interest based user groups to get their own mini Community to connect and collaborate in their own space (more on how to sign up to come)
- Lots of other awesome functionality but if I don't stop myself I could go on all day!
- Continue to be the awesome community member you are today
- Keep your eyes peeled for the details of the actual timing of our launch
- Let us know if you have any questions or concerns about the update, it is our number one priority to make the transition as smooth and enjoyable as possible
- If you have any content that you absolutely love and would be sad to see go make sure it has had a comment since February 2017 or let us know and we can add it to our list. (We will be keeping an archive of everything just in case something does get missed)
Here is a sneak peek of the new look and design for those of you who, like me, believe that a picture is worth a thousand words: The home page will become a hub that makes it easy to find things that are relevant for you Discussions will be easier to follow and contribute t
oUser Groups and Sub-Communities will have their own homes