Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Alert Pop-ups using JavaScript

Posted 04-14-2015 19:39

I would like to use http://tristanedwards.me/sweetalert to format my JavaScript alerts. Has anyone tried to use this before?

• 2.  RE: Alert Pop-ups using JavaScript

Posted 05-21-2015 17:25
    How are you planning on using this within your QuickBase setup?

• 3.  RE: Alert Pop-ups using JavaScript

Posted 05-21-2015 17:35
    I would like to use this script to replace the standard JS prompts.

• 4.  RE: Alert Pop-ups using JavaScript

Posted 05-21-2015 17:59
    Understood. I was more curious how you would implement it within QuickBase, meaning what prompts would you replace and specifically where would it be housed in your application for access. I'm just trying to find out more details regarding your intention so I can see if this might be possible.

• 5.  RE: Alert Pop-ups using JavaScript

Posted 05-21-2015 21:05
    I have many formula buttons utilizing the edit record API call. The majority of these buttons ask for user input through the standard javascript prompts. I started by hosting the sweetalert js and css scripts as custom code pages. Unfortunately, without using the image onload function, I can't call the js and css scripts on the record forms. I also think it could be more informative than the jgrowl notifications.

• 6.  RE: Alert Pop-ups using JavaScript

Posted 03-21-2017 00:46
    Rick, I need to do a bit of this myself- create buttons which display a javascript prompt and take some inputs from user (both text entry and dropdown selections). Do you have any samples of this code you could post?

• 7.  RE: Alert Pop-ups using JavaScript

Posted 05-22-2015 15:29
    That's correct then. The only way to access custom JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, etc. code would be the image onload technique.

To answer your original question though, I've not tried using this code specifically but it looks awesome. I'll pass it along to our product development team to see if it's something we want to incorporate into QuickBase at some point in the future.

• 8.  RE: Alert Pop-ups using JavaScript

Posted 05-22-2015 16:08
    Awesome - thanks for the follow-up!

• 9.  RE: Alert Pop-ups using JavaScript

Posted 08-25-2019 11:39
    Did you ever implement swwetalerts? I was trying to get it done and it looks like its not liking angular that quickbase uses.

Thanks

------------------------------
    EOM Develepors
    ------------------------------