Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a way to lock the column headers for displaying a table report?

• 1.  Is there a way to lock the column headers for displaying a table report?

Posted 04-13-2016 21:59

My table is for display on a public page, and when scrolling, the column headers are not visible.  I would like to lock them at the top of the report display, similar to freezing panes in a spreadsheet row, so that the column names remain visible. 

• 2.  RE: Is there a way to lock the column headers for displaying a table report?

Posted 04-13-2016 22:02
    It only is able to behave that way in IE, not Chrome or Firefox.

• 3.  RE: Is there a way to lock the column headers for displaying a table report?

Posted 04-13-2016 22:04
    Okay, thanks!

• 4.  RE: Is there a way to lock the column headers for displaying a table report?

Posted 04-10-2017 19:36
    Is there a way to lock the header on reports on dashboards?
    This does not work on IE or Chrome.

• 5.  RE: Is there a way to lock the column headers for displaying a table report?

Posted 04-11-2017 04:55
    Unfortunately, not on dashboards.

Most of the time if a report has so many rows that you are scrolling, it is best practice to just have a button/link to the report on the dashboard.   Thus, when viewing the the full report the headers will be locked.

• 6.  RE: Is there a way to lock the column headers for displaying a table report?

Posted 10-04-2021 10:18
    Has there been any updates to this functionality (since 2017)?  I too have a report that is put on a page with multiple charts and is for public viewing.  With the multiple charts, the table only shows about the first 12 rows but when scrolling it loses the header information.

Thank you.

------------------------------
    John Sanchez

• 7.  RE: Is there a way to lock the column headers for displaying a table report?

Posted 10-04-2021 13:56
    Hi John,

Are you looking to have those columns lock while you scroll on the new dashboards or some other specific place in Quickbase?

Evan Martinez

• 8.  RE: Is there a way to lock the column headers for displaying a table report?

Posted 10-04-2021 14:12
    Hi Evan,
    Yes, I am.  But not on a dashboard.  I am using a page.

John Sanchez

• 9.  RE: Is there a way to lock the column headers for displaying a table report?

Posted 10-05-2021 09:23
    Hi John,

Unfortunately I'm not sure of a way to lock headers on a Code Page off the top of my head. What API call or html tag are you using to set up the report in your Page?

Evan Martinez

• 10.  RE: Is there a way to lock the column headers for displaying a table report?

Posted 10-06-2021 08:33
    Hi Evan,
    I am not using any API calls or html tags.  Just simply created a home page with reports and charts that are displayed on the internet.

John Sanchez

• 11.  RE: Is there a way to lock the column headers for displaying a table report?

Posted 10-06-2021 09:57
    Hi John,

Sorry when you talked about Pages I wanted to make sure we weren't talking Code Pages where you can call tables and reports in a couple of different ways to show up. On older home pages they headers on a report don't scroll down with you but on the new dashboards they do stay fixed in a report widget so you can see the headers at the top as you scroll down. Depending on how complex your home page is you could transition it over to a Dashboard and your report headers will stay visible to help with that issue.

Evan Martinez

• 12.  RE: Is there a way to lock the column headers for displaying a table report?

Posted 10-06-2021 14:30
    Thank you Evan.  Much appreciated.

John Sanchez