Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

I need to be able to download/export all file attachments defined in a table. Is there a script for this?

• 1.  I need to be able to download/export all file attachments defined in a table. Is there a script for this?

Posted 11-09-2016 19:47

I need to be able to export all file attachments to a directory or memory drive that are being stored in one of my tables. What is the process for this? Thanks!

• 2.  RE: I need to be able to download/export all file attachments defined in a table. Is there a script for this?

Posted 11-09-2016 19:54
    You are better off using a browser extension such DownThemAll as it contains additional features such as filtering, file renaming, retry, logging etc that you are likely to need. See:

Firefox DownThemAll
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/downthemall/

Just create a report that lists the file attachment field and invoke DownThemAll and fill out the relevant configuration options.

• 3.  RE: I need to be able to download/export all file attachments defined in a table. Is there a script for this?

Posted 11-09-2016 20:28
    Thanks dandiebolt_QB_Pirate. I downloaded the add-on but I don't have knowledge about the report creation you mentioned. Can you please explain or elaborate a bit more? Thank you so much in advance!

• 4.  RE: I need to be able to download/export all file attachments defined in a table. Is there a script for this?

Posted 11-09-2016 20:30
    Just create a report including the file attachment field and invoke the DownThemAll extension on that report page.

• 5.  RE: I need to be able to download/export all file attachments defined in a table. Is there a script for this?

Posted 11-09-2016 21:00
    This suggestion worked for me perfectly! Thanks you dandiebolt_QB_Pirate

• 6.  RE: I need to be able to download/export all file attachments defined in a table. Is there a script for this?

Posted 01-11-2021 11:28
    I found that this was a common issue amongst Quickbase uses so I created a Desktop application for achieving this. It is free and easy to use.
    https://github.com/paultrimor/Quickbase-File-Attachment-Exporter

------------------------------
    Paul Trimor

• 7.  RE: I need to be able to download/export all file attachments defined in a table. Is there a script for this?

Posted 03-22-2021 12:03
    Paul - Looks like a great tool.  However, when I ran the Windows exe, logged in, and selected a Table, I received the error message "ERROR: An Application Token must be supplied.".  However, I was never given the opportunity to enter an App Token.  Or is it a fixed App Token.  If so, what is the App Token it is looking for so I can add it to my Quickbase app?  I searched the JavaScript code for it, but no reference to an App Token.

Thanks.

Joe Acunzo
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    SoftTechExperts
    joe.acunzo@SoftTechExperts.com
    203-481-1222 ext. 316

• 8.  RE: I need to be able to download/export all file attachments defined in a table. Is there a script for this?

Posted 03-22-2021 12:24
    I recently downloaded 2,000 files from QuickBase to a zip file using an extension called https://www.downthemall.net/

That was a tip from Dan Diebolt.

I found it confusing using it but I muddled though and it worked fantastic.  I sent the Developer a $10 donation as its a donation funded tool.

I happened to be using Firefox at the time.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 9.  RE: I need to be able to download/export all file attachments defined in a table. Is there a script for this?

Posted 03-22-2021 12:32
    Thanks for the suggestion Mark.   I did see that in this thread.  Problem is, I need a Record ID# associated with each File Attachment so I can tie it back to the CSV data.  Might be faster for me to write some code than looking for a solution.  :-)

Joe Acunzo
    Quickbase Solution Provider
    SoftTechExperts
    203-481-1222 ext. 316

• 10.  RE: I need to be able to download/export all file attachments defined in a table. Is there a script for this?

Posted 06-27-2021 04:20
    Joe, were you able to find a solution for exporting file attachments from a table with Record ID numbers?

Paul Easton

• 11.  RE: I need to be able to download/export all file attachments defined in a table. Is there a script for this?

Posted 06-28-2021 11:54
    Paul, I ended up using the QuNect Backup.  Unique product approach.  You purchase the QuNect ODBC Driver for Quickbase, and then QuNect Backup is free (along with other tools too).  Details here: QuNect Backup.

If you need any help, contact me directly, and I'd be happy to help.

Joe Acunzo
    Quickbase Solution Provider
    SoftTechExperts
    203-481-1222 ext. 316

• 12.  RE: I need to be able to download/export all file attachments defined in a table. Is there a script for this?

Posted 06-28-2021 13:48
    Thanks for the follow-up.  I've seen references about this tool in other discussion threads and have looked at their Web site in the past. I'll take another look.

Paul Easton