Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there an updated tool to synchronize MS project plans with QuickBase?

• 1.  Is there an updated tool to synchronize MS project plans with QuickBase?

Posted 03-02-2017 16:15
    Original post:

Is there a way to customize the list of columns in the tool for data transfer?

The current tool seems to be about 10 years old and not maintained or updated to adapt to MS Project application changes.  Also, the list of columns/fields available for data transfer using the tool does not capture all of the desired data fields (including some custom fields) in the tasks table.  We have a team most comfortable with creating and managing their project schedules in MS Project, but then want to integrate the info back to QB to connect with the financial view for a wholistic project tracker.  There are others who have adapted to QB for scheduling, but will need to "present" the info using MS Project functionality.  So we need to go both ways if possible.

• 2.  RE: Is there an updated tool to synchronize MS project plans with QuickBase?

Posted 06-25-2020 15:32
    I have looked into this for my projects and QB does not have the ability to customize fields on the fly like MS Project.  You would have to create a new table or app for each project that you want to customize.  You can import a MS Project into a QB table, but you would have to create a custom table in QB to move info back to MS Project.

Hope I understood your question.

------------------------------
    Lance Cooke
    ------------------------------