Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Offline Solutions

Posted 04-25-2017 16:59
    Has anyone found a good solution for working in QB offline? We are utilizing QB as a mobile form solution to inspect facilities. Users may be in parts of the building with no connection, such as the basement. Has anyone found a way to continue working within QB when entering an area with no connection? I would like to use QuickBase for this and not a third-party form builder. 

Thanks
    -Heather

• 2.  RE: Offline Solutions

Posted 04-25-2017 17:08
    QuickBase is inherently web based and hence no web connection = no QuickBase.  i know that you said no third party "form builder", but Vizi-Apps would seem to be the name brand for QuickBase off line use.  Their marquis success story is for HUD, the disaster government agency which goes into areas with no power and no internet and still have apps running, which they sync back up again when they sniff out the internet.

But my best suggestion here is to wire your basement with WiFi so that you have connectivity.

• 3.  RE: Offline Solutions

Posted 04-25-2017 17:38
    I'll check out Vizi-Apps. Thanks Mark!

• 4.  RE: Offline Solutions

Posted 04-25-2017 17:08
    You definitely want to contact ViziApps for mobile solutions in an offline environment.  http://viziapps.com/   Their tool works with QuickBase to give you precise mobile-interaction for those users in a mobile environment without the need for live connectivity.

• 5.  RE: Offline Solutions

Posted 04-25-2017 18:43
    Has anyone ever worked with Grapevine?  http://www.quickbase.com/partners/add-ons/grapevine

Is this still an active solution?

• 6.  RE: Offline Solutions

Posted 05-01-2017 16:43
    One of the most popular uses of Service Workers is to provide offline first capabilities:

https://www.google.com/search?q=service+workers+offline

So in theory there are APIs to do this but I think it would be a bit of work to get  just one table to work offilne as there you have no control over QuickBase's servers and everything would have to be implemented client side. I would look for a third party service that does work offline and has an API to sync with QuickBase when the third party serve receives new data (when online is established)..

• 7.  RE: Offline Solutions

Posted 06-10-2021 13:02

What the latest on the mobile front from QB? Are they yet offering the ability to create a branded, native app and distribute it to employees?

I know that ViziApps is still offering a solution like this, and it seems like many folks are using it. But wondering if QB is doing anything on this front.

------------------------------
    Cimarron Buser

• 8.  RE: Offline Solutions

Posted 06-10-2021 14:33
    Offline availability is now offered through QB, but with some significant (yet understandable) limitations. Simple forms, can be accomplished offline. But you cannot select related fields, as well as some other limitations. Worth checking out though for your use case.

Mike Tamoush

• 9.  RE: Offline Solutions

Posted 06-10-2021 14:53
    Hi @Michael Tamoush thanks for the reply. You're right that some simple form filling is available when offline. The other thing I'm looking for is the ability to create my "Own" branded app (as opposed to using the Quickbase app from the App Store), and distributing to employees via MDM. This gives us more control, branding, and lets us do exactly what we need.

AFAIK ViziApps is the only solution that enables this today.​

Cimarron Buser

• 10.  RE: Offline Solutions

Posted 06-10-2021 14:59

I know that Trinity does great work with branded Mobile Apps. 

trinityis.com. 

charles.guilbert@trinityis.com

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com