Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Checkbox field labels on forms are always on the right. Why? Is there a fix?

Posted 08-16-2017 14:29
    No matter which option is set for a section, the label for a checkbox *always* appears to the RIGHT of the box.  Why can't it go where the section option says - to the left, or above, consistent with the rest of the info in a section.  Screenshots below, left and above; see how the checkbox labels don't move.
    (I saw where some one asked this four years ago without a resolution,  so maybe I'm the only person who cares? )
    LABELS AT LEFT:
    ">https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1636423/RackMultipart20170816-23674-1ytuafb-section_labels_at_left_inline.JPG?1502893596">
    LABELS ABOVE:

• 2.  RE: Checkbox field labels on forms are always on the right. Why? Is there a fix?

Posted 08-16-2017 15:39
    Use IOL with script similar to this:
    var $Field = $("#_fid_6");
    var $Label = $Field.next("label");
    $Field.insertAfter($Label);

• 3.  RE: Checkbox field labels on forms are always on the right. Why? Is there a fix?

Posted 09-05-2017 14:22
    Ok, gonna try this.  Looks like fun; I will be so happy if I can make this work! Thanks!

• 4.  RE: Checkbox field labels on forms are always on the right. Why? Is there a fix?

Posted 08-16-2017 15:55
    >Why can't it go where the section option says - to the left, or above, consistent with the rest of the info in a section. 

Because historically QuickBase has implemented features by hardcoding acceptable default behavior that the majority of people (80%) would be happy with but often leaving the other 20% with no options or workarounds. The problem with this philosophy of product development is that browsers and web development in general are exploding with new features and capabilities which cannot be taken advantage of because everything in QuickBase is hardcoded.

The only way out of this dilemma is to use script. Save yourself a lot of heartache and use script for everything.

• 5.  RE: Checkbox field labels on forms are always on the right. Why? Is there a fix?

Posted 09-05-2017 14:22
    Thanks!  Now to see if I can make these work.  Wish me luck!

• 6.  RE: Checkbox field labels on forms are always on the right. Why? Is there a fix?

Posted 09-05-2017 14:32
    Embrace your inner script. You cannot fail. This will be a glorious week for you. 

• 7.  RE: Checkbox field labels on forms are always on the right. Why? Is there a fix?

Posted 09-16-2021 10:19
    Hi, since javascript doesn't work on QB anymore, how would I now change the location of the text relative to the checkbox? Thanks!

------------------------------
    Stephen Jackson
    ------------------------------

• 8.  RE: Checkbox field labels on forms are always on the right. Why? Is there a fix?

Posted 09-16-2021 13:30
    Look into service workers but if you are expecting a turn key solution like IOL then it doesn't exist. You will need to build it if the changes are important enough to your workflow. With service workers if something changes and it breaks you will need to investigate and fix it yourself, QB support will not be able to help you at all. So it is a solution but not as useful for most users as IOL was.