Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Sending attachment via email button

Posted 11-22-2017 15:43
    In my app I have an estimates page that we use to generate and keep track of estimates. I have added in a "Print Estimate" button that generates an exact form with the estimate details. I also have an "Email Customer" button that generates an automated email to send to the client. I was wondering if there was a way to have the "Email Customer" button also attach the exact form to the generated email.

• 2.  RE: Sending attachment via email button

Posted 08-10-2019 19:45
    Ever figure this out?  Looking to do the same thing.

• 3.  RE: Sending attachment via email button

Posted 08-10-2019 23:26
    If you are using a product like a Juiced Exact Forms plus, you can also subscribe to their Courier product which can send attachments. Quick Base cannot natively send actual attachments. However you can send a link to an attachment by enabling a checkbox in the attachment field properties to allow access to the file attachment without needing to have a userid.

But it would not work with native Quick Base to send an exact firm to a non user as they would need a userid to access the page.

• 4.  RE: Sending attachment via email button

Posted 08-12-2019 15:48
    Thanks Mark.  I never really saw a reason for Courier but now maybe there is one.  As of right now we have to create the pdf, download it, email separately.  The steps do add up considering it has to be done daily...

Just trying to mentally decide if courier is worth it.

• 5.  RE: Sending attachment via email button

Posted 08-12-2019 16:15
    Ya, if it's part of a regular process for some kind of order flow, which is going to be there for the next 5-10 years, then it's nice to dumb this stuff down so people don't forget to do the steps, and instead just click once to create the PDF and email off the same click.

The you just need a safety net Subscription to detect either if the Courier failed to send (it can happen, but rarely) or if the record is in some kind of status which tells you that the user should have pushed the button to create the PDF and send, but did not push the button.