Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Year to Year comparison Line Graph

Posted 12-07-2017 17:26

Need help creating a line graph that shows 2016 on one line and 2017 on the other

- Comparing # Defects per month

I have successfully created two separate graphs, one for each year. Now I was to merge them so it is easier to compare the two. photos attached.

Do I need to create a new field type since both charts are referencing the # of defects field? In order to create the two separate charts, I had to filter by date (previous year and current year)

">https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1679990/RackMultipart20171207-51770-qdpo4g-2017_all_defects_inline.jpeg?1512667532">

I should note, the red graph should have been titled "2017".

• 2.  RE: Year to Year comparison Line Graph

Posted 12-07-2017 17:29
    Hi

Try creating a field for month and a field for year.  You can then use the month field on horizontal axis and the year field to define the series.

Debbie

• 3.  RE: Year to Year comparison Line Graph

Posted 12-07-2017 17:35

what type of field? Numeric field or Date field? Would this be a formula field?

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: Year to Year comparison Line Graph

Posted 12-07-2017 17:41
    Hi

It would be a formula field.  Call the number">www.cloudbaseservices.com"> here.  I am at extension 102 and can talk you through it.

Debbie

• 5.  RE: Year to Year comparison Line Graph

Posted 12-08-2017 20:28
    Since this was only to be used for as End of Year project, I just decided to export the data into excel and create the Graphs that way. Thank you for your help!

• 6.  RE: Year to Year comparison Line Graph

Posted 12-08-2017 21:36
    Sure thing.  Here's a "year over year" solution we created in Quick Base.  The user can select things from any/all of the three boxes and the line changes instantly.  I'm posting it here in case you need a solution like this in the future.

• 7.  RE: Year to Year comparison Line Graph

Posted 11-09-2021 05:09

Hi all,

It feels like there should be a native solution to produce this kind of Yr on Yr comparison of cumulative data using the amazing new formula queries, but for the life of me I cannot get it to work.

My base data is a simple table of sales where each record has a data and an amount.

Using a formula query to calculate total cumulative sales to date for the same year is simple enough.

What's foxing me is how I can then use this in a graph report that looks like Debbie's example above.

What am I missing?

Thanks

David 

------------------------------
    System Admin
    ------------------------------