Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Need help developing script to run NPV and IRR functions

Posted 01-09-2018 17:23
    I have formulas set to calculate cash flows based on annual benefits and costs, but I have never created a script in QuickBase and I'm struggling to find a good resource. The cash flow fields are independent formula fields for years 0 -5.

Any links or videos on scripting would be helpful, especially those that incorporate finance functions like NPV and IRR.

• 2.  RE: Need help developing script to run NPV and IRR functions

Posted 11-29-2021 09:25
    Hi Dustin,

Did you ever get a resolution to this question of calculating IRR & NPV?

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Gabriel Figueroa

• 3.  RE: Need help developing script to run NPV and IRR functions

Posted 11-29-2021 09:28
    This is not going to be possible using native Quickbase. The only thing I can think of is to use a Juiced add-on called XL Docs.  That would allow you to push a button to create an Excel spreadsheet which of course can do those calculations easily.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 4.  RE: Need help developing script to run NPV and IRR functions

Posted 04-12-2022 06:07

The QuickBase PV formula works very well, albeit a bit differently than an Excel formula.  Excel PV natively presumes even cash flows and as we all know future benefits may fluctuate. 

• The QB PV can be used for either even cash flows in the future or a unique cash flow n years in the future.  
    • Similarly, Excel PV can be used for either even cash flows in the future or a unique cash flow n years in the future (then added up for the range of years). 
      Be careful not to use NPV (which compares initial outflow to future flows) which works on a range, but provides a different calculation.
    The IRR or ROI can then be calculated also.  

Annetta Coleman