Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Report Link embedded within in form with a report from same table

Posted 02-08-2018 15:00
    I would like to have a report embedded within a form that lists all records within the same table. 

• 2.  RE: Report Link embedded within in form with a report from same table

Posted 02-08-2018 15:09
    Yes, create a field type "Report Link" and link the report you want to pull and then add the field to your form. It will pull up the report.
    Make sure you match the relationship in the right way in the field properties (e.g., record id of parent table with the record id of child table) so that the pulled report shows up on appropriate record. Hope it helps.

• 3.  RE: Report Link embedded within in form with a report from same table

Posted 02-08-2018 15:15
    I want to create a report link but with records from the SAME table - Parent Table. There will not be any child records

• 4.  RE: Report Link embedded within in form with a report from same table

Posted 02-08-2018 15:16
    I have a form but i would like to embed a report in the form that shows existing records in the table i am in already...

• 5.  RE: Report Link embedded within in form with a report from same table

Posted 02-08-2018 15:29
    I think you can follow the same protocol and link the report you wanted (in the field properties) from the same table to show up on your form.

• 6.  RE: Report Link embedded within in form with a report from same table

Posted 02-08-2018 15:50
    You will need to make a dummy field to match on. Make a formula numeric field with a formula of 1.

Then use that field to match on.

• 7.  RE: Report Link embedded within in form with a report from same table

Posted 02-08-2018 15:56
    Post back if you have any questions, but that will definitely work.

• 8.  RE: Report Link embedded within in form with a report from same table

Posted 11-09-2021 09:34
    Hey, hoping you might still respond to this thread.  I created the field to match on but it doesn't display in the list of fields to match to.  What am I missing?

------------------------------
    Aaron Lavender
    ------------------------------