Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Issue with Drilldown Report when Parent Report Contains a Calculated Column

Posted 04-19-2018 20:21

I'm having an issue with my Drilldown Report showing no records when my Parent Summary Report contains a Calculated Column.  The Parent Summary Report indicates a qty of items exist for a particular row/column, but when the link is clicked the embedded drilldown report shows no records.

I believe the problem is related to the Calculated Column in the Parent Report.  The Calculated Column in the Parent Report is used as a filter and that filter is passed down to the Drilldown Report.  However, the Calculated Column formula is NOT passed down to the embedded Drilldown Report, so Calculated Column is undefined in the filter.

Has anyone else seen this issue and is there a fix?

• 2.  RE: Issue with Drilldown Report when Parent Report Contains a Calculated Column

Posted 04-19-2018 20:57
    no problem.  I hate calculated columns. Make a real field.

• 3.  RE: Issue with Drilldown Report when Parent Report Contains a Calculated Column

Posted 04-19-2018 22:51
    Yes, thanks.  That does work and it does solve the problem.  Of course, a more elegant solution would be for the Quickbase team to properly pass down the Calculated Column formula to the Drilldown report.

• 4.  RE: Issue with Drilldown Report when Parent Report Contains a Calculated Column

Posted 09-23-2020 03:59
    Is this fixed?

------------------------------
    Ved Prasad
    ------------------------------