Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Email Subscription Not Showing All Reports

Posted 05-24-2019 13:01
    Hello,

I just created a pie chart showing all of my opportunities won over the last month by user (for a CRM app I am building).  I want that report as a subscription to be automatically emailed weekly.  Ideally I would actually prefer to have a page emailed showing several reports (that one plus a table for some other things)

Is there a way to email the pie chart weekly?  And even better a way to make a single combined page report so the users get it in their email?

• 2.  RE: Email Subscription Not Showing All Reports

Posted 05-28-2019 14:37
    Hi Ivan,

Currently our subscriptions do not support sending out a chart unfortunately. If this is something that would be helpful for our use of Quick Base I would suggest submitting this feedback to our User Voice page. User Voice is a feedback tool that our Product Development team uses to collect customer feedback on future enhancements and features. The Quick Base User voice can most easily be accessed from the My Apps page in Quick Base by clicking on the orange Feedback tab that appears on the right of the page or at http://quickbase.uservoice.com">http://quickbase.uservoice.com/">http://quickbase.uservoice.com by signing in with your Quick Base credentials. We have done some other work on reports and subscriptions in the past year and speaking up about this need can help to bring it to the attention of our Product team.

If you do place a User Voice request for being able to send charts as a subscription I would suggest posting a link to that request here so that other community members who have a similar need can cast their vote in support. Thank you for reaching out with your question. 

• 3.  RE: Email Subscription Not Showing All Reports

Posted 05-28-2019 22:02
    Thanks Evan, I am upvoting that as seems like it should be part of the platform for sure.  As an executive in teh company I count on my reports being delivered!  And charts make for quick summaries!

• 4.  RE: Email Subscription Not Showing All Reports

Posted 05-28-2019 14:50
    A possible work around would be to create a table with a single record in it.  On that Table you can create a report link field to link to all records in another table.  The Record ID# of your single record will be table will be 1. 

So you can make a formula numeric field with a value of 1 on any other table.

Then use that to make a Report Link field on your Single record table to put your chart.

Repeat for additions charts on other tables.

Then you can Subscribe your users to receive that singe record "report" and have the Report just have a big button saying "Click here to see your daily dashboard charts", ie a button to view the record.

• 5.  RE: Email Subscription Not Showing All Reports

Posted 05-28-2019 21:55
    I appreciate that but sounds like a fair amount of work to create it....  I am thinking maybe the way to do it is just put the essential ones on the dashboard and through automations maybe just have tasks assigned out for reviewing certain reports.....  Thinking that way anyway.

• 6.  RE: Email Subscription Not Showing All Reports

Posted 01-23-2020 10:23
    I think I found a way that could be suitable.  If the chart does not have to be a pie chart, you can easily setup a table report.  Pick a field to group your settings by and make sure that the two check boxes are checked underneath labeled "Show summary table based on the grouped columns" and "Hide main table and show only summary table".  Then go to notifications and setup a subscription report that calls out the table report that you just made.  When the email comes thru, it will not show the graphs but it does have a link in the email that you click on and it will show bar charts. The link will be labeled "Click here to see this report in Quick Base".  The word here will be a hyperlink. Click on the hyperlink and it will take you to where the report lives.  Once you are on the report screen, there will be a link called "Graph".  Click on graph and it will show you the bar chart.  This seemed to work for me.

------------------------------
    Daniel Raffeo
    ------------------------------