Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Create 12 records in another table

Posted 07-29-2019 12:35

Hi all, I need to create a process that when a new record is added in a table will add 12 new records in another table. I was able to create a process using automations that works by incrementing a counter on the initial record, which creates a new record in the second table which in turn increments the number in the first table until the counter reaches 12. The problem is that at times, I have multiple records that have to be processed, and at that point, I get a 429 error: Webhooks are exceeding the rate threshold.

Any thoughts on how I can overcome this?

• 2.  RE: Create 12 records in another table

Posted 07-29-2019 14:17
    I would create 12 actions in the automation instead of using the above method. Each action will create another record in that other table.

• 3.  RE: Create 12 records in another table

Posted 07-29-2019 15:39
    Now, why didn't I think of that?
    Thanks friend!

• 4.  RE: Create 12 records in another table

Posted 07-29-2019 18:14
    My pleasure.

• 5.  RE: Create 12 records in another table

Posted 07-29-2019 14:28
    You can always go the old-school route and use a Table to Table Import process. Essentially, you would do the following:

• Setup a Template / Dummy record on the primary/parent table
    • Within the Template record, setup the 12 template child records
    • On the Parent, add a numeric field called 'Processing Record' or something that will be easy to recognize. This will be used to capture the Record ID# of the newly added record
    • On the child table, create a lookup field for the 'Processing Record' field
    • Create a Table to Table import on the Child table where the Child table is both the Source and the Destination.
      1. Set the Import type to 'Copy'
      2. Filter on the 'Processing Record' lookup field, requiring it to be >0
      3. Map any fields that you have pre-populated and wish to be copied over
      4. Map the lookup field to the 'Related Parent' field
    • Create a new Automation with the following steps:
      1. When records are added to Parent
      2. Modify records in the Parent table - filter the records and set it to select only the Record ID# of the Parent template you created above - and modify the 'Processing Record' field to be the 'Record ID#' of the newly created record
      3. Run Table Import - select the import you created above
      4. Modify records in the Parent table - you'll want to setup this step just like #2 above, except that you want to clear the 'Processing Record' field or change it to 0

• 6.  RE: Create 12 records in another table

Posted 07-29-2019 15:41
    Your solution makes sense. Thanks for taking the time to help out!