Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Automation that pairs a list of ""Actions"" from table 1 to any new ""Request"" in table 2 to a ""Workbook"" in table 3.

• 1.  Automation that pairs a list of ""Actions"" from table 1 to any new ""Request"" in table 2 to a ""Workbook"" in table 3.

Posted 08-13-2019 14:29
    I have an employee onboarding app I am developing. There is a table with a list of actions that need to be completed when someone is hired. It identifies the category, department, and who the action is assigned to. Then I have a table of Requests. HR would add a request when a new employee is hired in order to set in motion completion of the actions needed. The request table has the new employee name and status fields for each department task. The 3rd table is the workbook that pairs the new employee with the tasks that need to be completed. It works if I enter each task assignment individually but I want there to be an action or automation that generates all of the tasks for that employee when a request is added. I don't need to pick and choose which tasks-all tasks in the task table will be assigned when there is a new hire. Is there a way to set up an automation or action that does this?

• 2.  RE: Automation that pairs a list of ""Actions"" from table 1 to any new ""Request"" in table 2 to a ""Workbook"" in table 3.

Posted 08-13-2019 14:35

• 3.  RE: Automation that pairs a list of ""Actions"" from table 1 to any new ""Request"" in table 2 to a ""Workbook"" in table 3.

Posted 08-13-2019 14:35

• 4.  RE: Automation that pairs a list of ""Actions"" from table 1 to any new ""Request"" in table 2 to a ""Workbook"" in table 3.

Posted 08-13-2019 14:36

• 5.  RE: Automation that pairs a list of ""Actions"" from table 1 to any new ""Request"" in table 2 to a ""Workbook"" in table 3.

Posted 08-14-2019 12:14
    Create a set of tasks where the employee name is blank. Now create an automation that will copy the records of the blank name tasks but connect to the new employee name. The automation trigger would be when the employee is added.

I can be more detailed if needed. I use this method to add tasks to a site on a schedule.

• 6.  RE: Automation that pairs a list of ""Actions"" from table 1 to any new ""Request"" in table 2 to a ""Workbook"" in table 3.

Posted 08-14-2019 17:38
    I am having trouble figuring out how to set up the automation. I have figured out how to make a copy of the actions when either a request is added or the new employee is added but I am not sure how to set the automation to copy the tasks and pair it with the new employees name?

• 7.  RE: Automation that pairs a list of ""Actions"" from table 1 to any new ""Request"" in table 2 to a ""Workbook"" in table 3.

Posted 08-14-2019 18:26
    I went and used my builder program and made a 3 table app with the automation. If you give me an email I can add you to the app and you can see it setup. Email me @