Posted 25 days ago

I have the following relationships

Manufacturer ----->Model

Manufacturer------>Assets

Model---------------->Assets

Location------------->Assets

Assets---------------->Ticket Assets

Tickets--------------->Ticket Assets

What I would like to do is use several lookup fields to filter and select the Asset I want to make my Related Asset when creating a Ticket Asset. Right now I can make the Asset conditional on the Model, and the Model conditional on the Manufacturer, however as the Location is not directly related to Manufacturer and Model I can't also filter by Location.  Any suggestions on how to do this?  

To sum up what i actually need to happen out of this:

I need to have a way of finding and selecting an asset that has a specific location, manufacturer, and model (this would bring back a group of them).  I would then pick one at random to associate to my ticket asset. Then when I close my ticket I have an automation run that moves the location of the asset out of that list so our inventory is accurate.  This seems like a really simple thing that i can't seem to get past.  

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

------------------------------
    Nate Kurtz

• 2.  RE: Conditional Values based on unrelated fields

Posted 25 days ago

So, you'll need to set relationships for Location, Manufacturer, and Model to the Ticket Assets first. Then, you'll need to create a formula field on both the Ticket Asset and the Assets that concatenates the Reference Fields for Manufacturer, Model, and Location. Once you have this, you can set the Conditional Drop-down to use the Formulas on both tables as the matching parameter.

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quick Base Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/

• 3.  RE: Conditional Values based on unrelated fields

Posted 24 days ago

That does the trick!  Thank you!

Nate Kurtz