Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Lookup field not showing in dropdown

Posted 06-08-2021 08:59
    I have two drop down fields in a form that are pulling data from the same table.  They seem to be working for most of the values in the table.  However, I had a user enter a support ticket stating one customer and corresponding customer identifier do not appear in the dropdowns.  I verified the data is in the source table, but it still is not showing in the dropdowns in the child table.  This is the first time I have encountered a situation where some data is coming through and other data is not and am not sure where to look.

------------------------------
    Paul Peterson

• 2.  RE: Lookup field not showing in dropdown

Posted 06-08-2021 09:05
    There are two immediate possibilities. The first that the form may be specifying a certain report to use for the drop-down and that report may have a filter on it. For example only dropping down customers flagged as active or something like that. The other less probable possibility is that there are permission issues which are preventing users from seeing certain customers.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Lookup field not showing in dropdown

Posted 06-08-2021 09:29
    I am not using any filters in the dropdown or in the table.  Also, if it was a permission issue, wouldn't it block all of the names and ids?

Paul Peterson

• 4.  RE: Lookup field not showing in dropdown

Posted 06-08-2021 09:34
    Can you try looking carefully at which fields are being used in the drop-down report and then for the missing customer confirmed that customer has a value in that field?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: Lookup field not showing in dropdown

Posted 06-08-2021 10:33
    Sorry, looking like a case of Rectal Cranial Inversion.  There are two similar tables and I was looking in the wrong one.  Problem solved

Paul Peterson