Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Displaying child records of a parent when you click +/- on the parent's table report

Posted 02-04-2020 13:45
    Hi,

I have Activities table and Arguments table where Activities have 0 or more Arguments. When displaying the activities on a report, I want to be able to show its arguments when you click on a +/- link on the Activities report. Is there a way this can be done, without having to open the activity form and then looking through the arguments as an embedded report?

------------------------------
    Surya V Avantsa

• 2.  RE: Displaying child records of a parent when you click +/- on the parent's table report

Posted 02-04-2020 15:08
    no... but you can use a combined text summary fields to float up the text from field(s) up to the parent record.    They will appear in the typical multi select format 'pill', but there is a formula to use which would say let you convert that to a tidy vertical format.  Post back if that would be helpful and you want the formula.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Displaying child records of a parent when you click +/- on the parent's table report

Posted 02-05-2020 12:42
    That's not what I want. When I display the activities on a report, I want a field on the left that contains + or -. When I click on the plus I want to display the arguments of that activity under that activity. When I click on it again, it should house that arguments report. Much like a toggle.

--
    Thank you,
    Surya Avantsa

• 4.  RE: Displaying child records of a parent when you click +/- on the parent's table report

Posted 02-05-2020 14:05
    ya, not currently possible natively.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com