Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Forms, Tables, HTML Add some spunk to your forms. Add formatting to your forms.

Posted 01-03-2022 17:36
      |   view attached
    If you want to add a bit of separation to your form I stumbled onto this. Maybe it's published but this works.
    See attached video

So you have "TABS" and "Text" for form formatting.
    Well, let's say you want to delineate an area in a form by putting a box around it.

Editing Form:

1: (first "text" element.) <table style="width:100%;border:1px solid black">

2: (last "text" element.) </table>

You can encompass many fields on your form by putting the </table> further down.

------------------------------
    Douglas Folk

• 2.  RE: Forms, Tables, HTML Add some spunk to your forms. Add formatting to your forms.

Posted 01-03-2022 19:49
    Great Tip!
    I don't think that was ever posted anywhere in either Magic Buttons or here on the forum.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Forms, Tables, HTML Add some spunk to your forms. Add formatting to your forms.

Posted 01-04-2022 10:08
    I recommend checking out this training from November 2021: https://quickbase.zoom.us/rec/share/wSPi0bTNjR0tn6WBeWMIBl6t5gFs7vHMkhEAIIaceBOmUIdQB3Qs9vI6dM7coFNy.N6Zdva2JgxrD6wUD

Passcode: 0z*7u&T0

It covers some of what you mentioned above in detail!

Sean Connaughton

• 4.  RE: Forms, Tables, HTML Add some spunk to your forms. Add formatting to your forms.

Posted 01-04-2022 10:35

The issue with this is it's buried...

Why not have this as a break out.

I really liked this video BTW It's great!

Sincerely,

Douglas Folk

Sr. Engineer

615.654.6101 phone 615.654.4449 fax

dfolk@specialtyh2o.com

orders@specialtyh2o.com

Specialty Water Technologies

104 Flex Avenue

Portland, TN 37148

THIS IS A CONFIDENTAL COMMUNICATION intended for the use of the recipient named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication or attachments, is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender by reply e-mail that you received this email in error or call 615-654-6101.

• 5.  RE: Forms, Tables, HTML Add some spunk to your forms. Add formatting to your forms.

Posted 05-15-2022 10:45
    Thank you for posting this message and the zoom video . Pure Gold

Prashant Maheshwari

• 6.  RE: Forms, Tables, HTML Add some spunk to your forms. Add formatting to your forms.

Posted 05-16-2022 12:00
    Edited by Joel Hickok 05-16-2022 12:01
    Isn't it a lot easier to just put all of your HTML code into a Formula - Rich Text field, and then simply nest the Field Value you want into that code?

Rich Text Formula:
    <table style="border: 2px solid red; border-radius: 4px;">
    <tr>
    <td style="padding: 8px;">
     [Field Name]
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>​

Then drop this Formula - Rich Text field into your form as a single form entry.  This is a whole lot easier to manage over the long run, and you can see all your HTML tags at once, rather than having them spread out across many Form Text entries.

Joel Hickok

• 7.  RE: Forms, Tables, HTML Add some spunk to your forms. Add formatting to your forms.

Posted 05-16-2022 20:22
    HI Joel,

Thanks for the reply . I have tried rich text to summarize child records in nice little table but not for forms showcase .

I haven't tried this before. Will try and report. You want to get on a zoom ever to exchange some learnings ?

Prashant Maheshwari

• 8.  RE: Forms, Tables, HTML Add some spunk to your forms. Add formatting to your forms.

Posted 05-16-2022 21:43
    Glad that may be helpful.  I do think it is an easy way to have HTML in a form, but the drawback is you have to create a new field for the code.  I name my fields for forms with a special name to separate them from other fields.  You can use full CSS and HTML in their including CSS flex and other styles.  Would love to share more, but as a father and full time job, my free time usually comes in short bursts without too much planning ahead.

HTML DIV field for a message on a form:

The Code for that:
    var Text message = "I, the supervisor, based this evaluation on my observation and/or knowledge, it represents my best judgment of the employee's job performance.";

"<div style='padding: 0 3px; border-radius: 5px; background-color: ghostwhite;'>"
    & "<table>"
    & "<tr>"
    & "<td style='font-weight: bold; font-size: 24pt; vertical-align: middle; padding: 0 10px; text-align: center;'>&#9888;</td>"
    & "<td style='font-size: 11pt; vertical-align: middle;'>"
    & $message
    & "</td>"
    & "</tr>"
    & "</table>"
    & "</div>"​

The field name using something like "UI Display: Description of field":

Joel Hickok