Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  App Tokens and Exact Forms

Posted 05-06-2020 10:18
    Hi all,

I have recently been required to use App Tokens and I am wondering if anyone has had any luck being able to mimic the function of an Exact Form with App Tokens. I know i can create a code page separate from the exact form that functions almost identically, but when i add the App Token into the URL Formula that calls the html page, it still doesn't load the info from the record. I do not have the ability to use a third party add-on like Exact Forms Plus from Juiced so I am just wondering if there is a way to do this at all using just the built in stuff in Quickbase.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

------------------------------
    Corey McCabe

• 2.  RE: App Tokens and Exact Forms

Posted 09-21-2020 14:34
    anybody?

Thanks,
    Chris Newsome

• 3.  RE: App Tokens and Exact Forms

Posted 02-24-2021 13:32
    Edited by John Niumata 02-24-2021 13:35
    yes, sort of.

I have app tokens enabled.
    I watched Kirk's video about exact forms https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spMfKNDI7Is  and copied the html page, from the example app to my own app.
    I can view the output html view, and the save feature works and I can print a form, however I need to edit the html file to do what I want, I cannot use the word template to create the exact form.
    So far it seems to do what I need.
    edit...
    It is not mentioned clearly in the video but...
    the "sfid" parameter in the print button url refers to the "field id" in the parent record where the "saved" version will go - it needs to be an attachment field.
    Johnny