Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Scheduled Pipelines - Suggestions for how to create records daily to archive a table's activity

Posted 06-29-2021 11:56
    Hello,
    My original goal was to set up an automation for this task and then migrate to pipelines to see if I could follow the logic. It turns out you cannot migrate scheduled automation, which makes sense to me now since there is no trigger just a time and a place.

In any event, my goal is to copy all records of a table (Leasing units table) into another table on a daily basis, in order to capture all changes and adjustments into an archive of all activity.
    I'm having trouble setting up the pipeline - I've figured out how to set up the scheduling part, but I'm not sure how to get the fields from the Units table into the Unit Archive/History table.

Does anyone have a suggestion about how to just copy records into another table on a daily basis?
    Seems simple enough, so I'm definitely missing some foundational understanding. 

Thank you for your suggestions,
    Liz

------------------------------
    Liz Chartrand

• 2.  RE: Scheduled Pipelines - Suggestions for how to create records daily to archive a table's activity

Posted 06-29-2021 12:35
    np,
    The first step of the pipeline will be a Search.  You will identify all the field that you will need in subsequent Steps and will hjave an opportunity to add in filters if you like.

Then the next Step will be a "For Each" loop which you will create records in the archive table.

Feel free to post back if you get stuck.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Scheduled Pipelines - Suggestions for how to create records daily to archive a table's activity

Posted 06-29-2021 14:11
    Thank you, Mark!
    I'll be honest, I'm a little embarrassed haha, I've been able to set this up very easily, I don't know why I didn't test out the search option when I was digging in yesterday.

So far so good, hopefully, that trend continues! Thanks again!

Liz Chartrand

• 4.  RE: Scheduled Pipelines - Suggestions for how to create records daily to archive a table's activity

Posted 06-29-2021 14:20
    It does take while to get comfortable with Pipelines but they do get less scary after a working with them for a while.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com