------------------------------
    Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH

• 2.  RE: Empower is dead

Posted 03-27-2020 11:49
    Hi Don,

Yeah we are all disappointed to hear that we aren't going to get to spend time face to face with everyone out at the physical Empower in June. It is one of the highlights of the Quick Base calendar each year to have all that concentrated energy in one place but we are hoping to refocus that energy and give it a new form. We are hoping the online Empower event will allow us the flexibility to include even more people than are normally able to come and allow those who can't make the full commitment to get access. Like a lot of companies we are trying to refactor how the event works without losing that awesome energy that we find there each year. To that end we are really interested to hear if there are specific sessions, experiences, meet ups that people were really interested in and are bummed to know won't be happening so we can add them to our brainstorming for our virtual event. 

For those who are interested in the virtual event you can find more details here and sign up for updates as well.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base

• 3.  RE: Empower is dead

Posted 03-27-2020 12:21
    This will be the second Empower I could have gone to but I didn't plan on attending. With it being available in the recorded sessions after the fact it never made much sense for me to go. I know you do likely get more out of being there in person but the videos have been perfectly fine for me so far.

I am happy that this year I will actually get to see it live and possibly get more from it rather than just hoping some of the recorded events are valuable to me. It should be interesting to watch how it ends up working on their end. This might be a time for them to really show people that don't go to Empower why they might want to go physically next time since they will see the whole show this year. Either that or it will prove streaming it is the way to go.

• 4.  RE: Empower is dead

Posted 03-27-2020 12:26
    But it is so hard to get swag over a video conference call. I was just thinking I need some new socks.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: Empower is dead

Posted 03-27-2020 12:33
    Totally something we are thinking about Mark and it is a good push for us to get clever and make sure people can rep their QB socks and swag

Evan Martinez
    Quick Base

• 6.  RE: Empower is dead

Posted 03-27-2020 12:38
    Edited by Austin K 03-27-2020 12:56
    That is the one thing I am jealous of. I never do get the nice shirts others bring back to the office.

All I currently have is a Quick Base branded purple pen and a little notebook. I think I got a sticker too.

• 7.  RE: Empower is dead

Posted 03-27-2020 12:59
    The value of virtual will not be zero but live is an order of magnitude better.   It is the pieces that happen immediately after a session or in the hallway.   I always have another question or a very specific business case that the presenter had never considered.    The answers to those is well worth the cost of attending.

The SWAG is not bad, but the one on one conversations are golden.

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH

• 8.  RE: Empower is dead

Posted 03-27-2020 13:05
    I agree Don there is something really unique about having that many people who are problem solvers in one place to collaborate, it has lead to some really interesting questions and ideas. After running a session or while working at a booth I almost always get some good follow up questions that is thought provoking or learn about a way someone is using Quick Base that is surprising. I've been to the last three Empowers and I've always found those conversations very engaging. Last year helping with the judging for the Appathon was very unique and cool, and I left with a few ideas I've tinkered with in my own project apps as a result. 

It is a challenge to try to rethink some of that awesome connection in a virtual space but it is something we are really trying to tackle. Ways of doing virtual meet ups outside of just the sessions and focused discussions threads so that even if you can't ask questions in person you also aren't just watching a streamed session and left wondering at the end.

Evan Martinez
    Quick Base