Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Payments / Pipelines

Posted 10-21-2020 11:54
    We are trying to connect our Quick Base to Quick Books through Pipelines, so that we can receive a payment in Quick Base and it pushes across and reflects in Quick Books. Looking at the Pipeline options, including the new options, I do not see a receive payments option.  Can anyone let me know how they collect payments in Quick Base?

------------------------------
    Andrea

• 2.  RE: Payments / Pipelines

Posted 12-30-2020 13:43

Apparently this wasn't thought out to far. I have the same issue. I can create the invoice in Base and the pipeline to create the invoice in Books works flawlessly - but how am I supposed to apply payments? 

I've got an open support case with Base and they've simply stated, "I will reach out to the Pipelines team to see if there is a way to interact with the Payments aspect of an invoice within Quickbooks. Once I have more information I will let you know!"

Seems odd to me; like paying $20 for a $16 item and not getting any change back. They go hand-in-hand.

Barry Dolan

• 3.  RE: Payments / Pipelines

Posted 12-30-2020 15:28
    At the moment, Quick Base doesn't have their QBO connector fully fleshed out. If you need to do Payments, you may want to use Zapier until the Pipelines connector is able to accommodate them.

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quick Base Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/

• 4.  RE: Payments / Pipelines

Posted 12-30-2020 15:41
    We had been using Zapier for all our integration needs with Books. But we were notified by Base that our API calls were off the charts and were informed that by using Pipelines it would not impact API calls to the point of having to purchase more. So we decided to start weening off Zapier and switching to Pipelines. 

I've only been able to create 2 effective pipelines; one to create customers and one to create invoices. It seems that creating records in Books from new records in Base works very well, but updating them is something that needs to be "fleshed out" also. I had been building a new pipeline to update an invoice and it errored out and blanked out the whole pipeline. I have to start from scratch. But I'm not very eager to attempt that again. At least until they do some fixes.

Not a very productive use of my time. So we are having to stay with Zapier, at least for payments. And updates will need to happen manually.

Thank you,

Barry Dolan

• 5.  RE: Payments / Pipelines

Posted 11-08-2021 17:32
    This is an old thread, and you all may have already found a solution since then, but I had the same issue and ran into some issues using Zapier and recently discovered that the "Invoice Updated" trigger works when a payment is received/applied to an invoice. Depending on what you were looking for the received payment trigger to do/carry forward to future steps, I thought this might be helpful info. 

For our use case, I mainly wanted some quickbase records updated as paid when an invoice balance was 0, so adding that filter to the "Invoice Updated" trigger to only run if the invoice balance was 0 did the trick.

I tried adding a filter to only run if {{a.balance}} <> {{a.$prev.balance}}, so it would only run specifically when the balance changed to 0, but that logic doesn't seem to be working at this point and it still triggers even when there's a non-numerical update to the invoice and the balance is 0. Thankfully we are a really small company and don't update invoices after they're paid very frequently, so it shouldn't be too much of a step run suck to not have the extra logic barrier.

Stacy