Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Reminder email -- How to change html vs. text OR how to change attached report

Posted 10-15-2019 09:32

Hi,

I have set up a Reminder email based on a date.  That is working.

When I receive the Reminder, it comes with a default table report of the record below the reminder text.

(1) I want to either remove or change the report picked

or

(2) force the reminder to be sent Text, which doesn't seem to default to the attachment (I see this when I "preview" the reminder).

It's simple to do these in the Notification emails, but the same edit options aren't available with Reminders (or at least I can't see them)

Thank you,

------------------------------
    Rachel

• 2.  RE: Reminder email -- How to change html vs. text OR how to change attached report

Posted 10-15-2019 11:03
    Rachel,

For your 1st item:
    You could try using a Subscription with a custom report. Let's say you want to be notified when a widget build request has not been completed after two days. In this example, there are 10 widgets and 3 users, Julia, Rachel, and Tom. Julia has 5 widgets remaining, Tom has 5 remaining, and Rachel's are all on time.

To do this, you could use a report that filters widgets by the date notification criteria and a Username field. Then set up a Subscription to send this report daily. If there is nothing in the report or nothing a user can see, the report won't send to that user. If it does, it will be filtered by what that user can see. As a bonus, the user will receive 1 email instead of multiple emails. Here's a quick example:

Custom Report:
    Subscription:

In the example above, each morning, Julia would receive an email containing her 5 widgets, Tom his 5, and Rachel would not receive an email because there would be nothing in her report.

The negatives on this option are that the email will only fire once each day, and Tom, Julia, and Rachel all have to be QuickBase users with access to that app (i.e. more paid seats.)

I'm not sure on Item 2.

Evan Westbrook
    PRIME Developer
    Harder Mechanical Contractors Inc.
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Reminder email -- How to change html vs. text OR how to change attached report

Posted 10-22-2019 16:07
    Hi Rachel - SmartEmailReminder for Quick Base can do what you want.  Have a look here: http://www.softtechexperts.com/smartemailreminder.html.  Contact me directly for more info.  Thanks.

Joe Acunzo
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    SoftTechExperts
    joe.acunzo@SoftTechExperts.com
    203-481-1222 ext. 316