Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  IOL Button

Posted 09-11-2020 14:21
    Hi ,
    I am trying to mimic Dan's IOL example in my app

"URL Button to create 22 child records with one click".

Somehow the button has no reponse.  Any suggestion on it?  Thanks!

Best regards,
    Hongkun

------------------------------
    Hongkun liang

• 2.  RE: IOL Button

Posted 09-11-2020 15:09
    I suggest that you do not use the IOL technique when there are alternative methods available. At sometime in the near future I believe that QuickBase plans to put limits on using IOL.
    Can you describe what you were trying to do? It seems to me that this could easily be done with an automation.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: IOL Button

Posted 09-11-2020 15:20
    Hi Mark, 

Unrelated to the original question, do you happen to know what kind of limits QB plans on putting on IOL and if there are any alternatives that will take its place?  We use a metric boat load of JS in our applications, and turning off IOL would severely disrupt what we do.  I know you're not a QB rep, but I'm just curious if you happen to know.  Either way, thanks for your time!  You always are so helpful on the forum. 

Christine

Christine Suarez

• 4.  RE: IOL Button

Posted 09-11-2020 15:34
    Well, I would  not panic. When they have something official to say, they will say it.  Obviously they know that the ability to use IOL and JavaScript has been there since the beginning and they know they can't just suddenly break apps. 

They plan to update forms and one can assume that they will not allow IOL on the new forms. They feel that JavaScript outside of code pages is a security loophole and they want to be 100% secure. 

So somehow they will need to reconcile security and legacy apps.

So so I just feel that new users should not dig a hole when in the posters case, there are other native techniques like Automations that we can now use.  

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com