Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Button for "Approve All" records

Posted 07-20-2020 13:58
    Apologies if this has been asked and answered before, but I couldn't find a thread that resolved this issue.

I want to be able to have a formula rich text button that lets the user "Approve All" records on a report. I'm able to create a button that will approve a single record but is there a way or a workaround that will let me Approve or modify multiple records at once? 

Thank you!

------------------------------
    Niraj Shah

• 2.  RE: Button for "Approve All" records

Posted 07-20-2020 15:33
    The current solution I can think may involve a separate form with a blank text field and a button that checks a checkbox behind the scenes with an automation that runs off of that checkbox. Though this form is related to an individual record, you could make it accessible from any record or accessible from a dashboard that goes to any arbitrary record, but i believe you can make an automation affect multiple records from the change of a single record, so it wouldn't matter what record you did this in. I assume that the records on the report satisfy a specific criteria (Job Status or something similar). If the criteria never changes, then you won't need the blank text box, but if the criteria changes, you can have a blank text field to let the user input a status or whatever criteria parameter they need. Then, they could click a button that reverses a checkbox field (sets to true if false, or sets to false if true). The automation would then be set to run when the checkbox field changes and meets the criteria in the text box. Again, if the criteria doesn't change and maybe you only want to change records with a status of "Needs Approval", then the automation would just change all records that have the status "Needs Approval" if the checkbox field changes at all.

Jordan McAlister