Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Input Type from Another App

Posted 05-20-2021 13:45

I'm having an issue sharing some fields between apps and I was wondering if somebody could assist or point me in another direction.

I'm currently building a Inspection Site List app, which is a fairly straightforward checklist app with not much advanced functionality. My company has an existing CRM that I want to tie into the app so the Listing app can utilize the Customer Database from the CRM and even display some of that information.

When I go to change the input type on my List app to a shared field, it shows my CRM but isn't allowing me to actually select it accordingly, do I need to share the field from the CRM somehow beyond establishing the cross-app relationship?

Ideally, I'd  also like for it to sync to the User from CRM, but my assumption is I might not be able to sync that from the CRM app and might just have to export/import the same list of users to my List app, but if there's a way, I'd certainly be curious to find out how.

First time poster here and just learning Quickbase on behalf of my company so apologies if this has been answered to death.

------------------------------
    Peter Gacek

• 2.  RE: Input Type from Another App

Posted 05-20-2021 14:53
    I actually solved half of this problem, I've been able to figure out the customer sync well enough but I was still curious about the User.

Can a User in one app be the same user in another app or will they have separate user lists? Or does this new app need to be within the CRM app to have the same user access both apps?

Peter Gacek

• 3.  RE: Input Type from Another App

Posted 05-28-2021 16:52
    The same User can access multiple apps.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com