Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Summary Tble Retiring

Posted 01-08-2021 07:18
    Hi everyone,

I see summary tables are being retired which is a bit of a bummer for me as I use them on some reports where I want to see the granular data and a recap on the same report.  But oh well!  Anyone have any ideas on how to easily find them so I can start working them out of my app?  I have a rather large app and I dont have an index of everywhere I am using a summary table

------------------------------
    Ivan Weiss

• 2.  RE: Summary Tble Retiring

Posted 01-08-2021 08:24
    Ivan,

The Reports & Charts section of each Table will identify all Summary, Table, Chart reports but I do not believe there is a way to tell if a Table Report has the Summary Enabled.  I created one just to test the display and put it in the name.

In the case above Report Id 8 is such a report but is not displayed differently from the rest.

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH

• 3.  RE: Summary Tble Retiring

Posted 01-08-2021 16:25
    Unfortunately what you mentioned is not there is what I was looking for :). 

Otherwise it is a bit of a hunt with the number of reports I have to find the few instances of summary reports we have.  

Anyone have any idea what happens if we just leave the feature in, will it just disappear once retired?

Ivan Weiss

• 4.  RE: Summary Tble Retiring

Posted 01-08-2021 16:30
    It is not that the summary option on an old table report is being retired. The issue is that eventually you will no longer be able to access the current (old) table report Style.  There will no longer be a button to choose if you want the old or new report styles.  It will just be the New Style. 

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com