Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a way in automations to determine the field updated with a multi-field update or insert trigger?

• 1.  Is there a way in automations to determine the field updated with a multi-field update or insert trigger?

Posted 03-04-2020 12:07
    Is there a way in automations to determine the field updated with a multi-field update or insert trigger?

For example I would have an automation for when a user updates/inserts a new record that Criteria of Any of the following fields change "X" or Field "Y"

In the action I need the Value would be something like "Field Updated: [Field]". Is this possible or do I need to create multiple automations (one for each field)

------------------------------
    Trevor Varwig

• 2.  RE: Is there a way in automations to determine the field updated with a multi-field update or insert trigger?

Posted 03-04-2020 12:15
    it sound  like you are trying to do an Audit Trail.  Either you will need to have separate Automations, one per field or an interesting alternative is to log say all 20 fields "changes",  as 20 separate Actions in the one Automation, and then the last Action would be to delete all the Audit Trail records where the new value = old value.  so it may create 20 records and then delete 19 of them.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com