Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Jinja for User List field

Posted 08-30-2021 23:31
    Hi,
    I am building a pipeline to update a record that includes a User LIst field.  I will be updating this field with single user and wanted to use Jinja:

The "Help Text" below this field in the pipeline explains:
    "Comma-separated list of QuickBase User IDs.  You can either assign same type list field or manually construct the comma-separated list using Jinja expression."

I am not finding an example of how to construct this list in Jinja.  Would appreciate help with the syntax.

Thanks so much

------------------------------
    Christine White

• 2.  RE: Jinja for User List field

Posted 11-21-2023 11:26

Hi there,

I'm looking for help on this too. Did you ever find an answer?

Brittany Scheid

• 3.  RE: Jinja for User List field

Posted 01-09-2024 15:00

And now I am also looking for this too.  I can only seem to get the user id string out of this, but not the email or username.

• 4.  RE: Jinja for User List field

Posted 01-09-2024 15:24
    Edited by Joel Hickok 01-09-2024 15:25

I think the original post was just trying to take one user from a User List and put that user ID into antother user tpye field.  This is easy, unless there are more than one users in the user list.  In that case, you have to somehow decide which one to select and add to the single user field, and I can't help with that.

If all you want to do is update a List - User field with another user, than just add the user id into that value in the Pipeline, and it will update the single user.

My problem was that I was trying to iterate over a loop of users in a List User field, and then access the email property for each user to make a list of the email addresses for the List - User field.  I ended up solving this by using a Formula - Text field to just list the user emails for me, and then I access that field in the Pipeline using Jinja.