Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  OneDrive and Pipelines

Posted 05-14-2020 19:18
    Hi All,

I am having trouble with sending files to OneDrive via Pipelines.

This is the URL I am sending to OneDrive:
    https://xxxxxxx.quickbase.com/up/xxxxxxx(table dbid)/g/r{{a.id}}/eg/v0/{{a.file_name}}

It does not work. I can generally anticipate what the characters are after the "r". If I guess right the file will upload. Obviously I cannot manually update the pipeline between every attachment upload. I am not understanding why the API guide says that the record id (RID) comes after the "r", because sometimes the characters that come after the "r" are letters and sometimes numbers which does not correlate with the actual record id of the item in the table.
    Appendix B: Managing files

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks for your help.

Jeff

------------------------------
    Jeffrey Moore

• 2.  RE: OneDrive and Pipelines

Posted 05-18-2020 14:55
    Edited by Austin K 05-18-2020 16:44
    If it is using letters as the RID then it is being converted to "QB32" format, a form of encoding Quick Base uses.

Here are some examples. The formula converting the rid to QB32 format is just "QB32Encode([Fake Record ID#])".

It might be possible to just create a formula field there and have that create your QB32 RID and just insert that instead of the original Record ID#.

• 3.  RE: OneDrive and Pipelines

Posted 05-18-2020 17:38
    Hi Austin, 

Thank you so much for your help! That makes a lot of sense. Do you know what the code for "QB32Encode([Fake Record ID#])" would look like in Jinja by chance? (the language for pipelines)?

Thanks again.

Jeff

Jeffrey Moore

• 4.  RE: OneDrive and Pipelines

Posted 05-18-2020 18:39
    Edited by Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach) 05-18-2020 19:07
    Jeffery, a convenient cheat if you don't want to have to code with too much Jinja coding to make the field in Quick Base and refer to the Quick Base field in the Pipeline.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: OneDrive and Pipelines

Posted 05-18-2020 18:57
    Thank you Mark! Works great! You are the best.

Jeffrey Moore