Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Export Field Properties of a table into a CSV file

Posted 03-10-2020 14:35
    Is this possible?

We have tables for which we would like to take a snapshot of some field properties, like the Formulas in Formula-type fields.  As our analysis methodologies evolve, we need to know how to recreate results from past iterations of our models.  Ideally, the output would be a CSV file like below:

fieldNameA, fieldNameB, ..., fieldNameN
    fieldIdA, fieldIdB, ..., fieldIdN
    fieldTypeA, fieldTypeB, ..., fieldTypeN
    fieldFormulaA, fieldFormulaB, ..., fieldFormulaN (if applicable)
    Record 1
    Record 2
    Record n

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Christopher Wheatley

• 2.  RE: Export Field Properties of a table into a CSV file

Posted 03-10-2020 15:52
    You should be able to do this with several API calls and some code. API_GetFieldProperties. That and probably API_DoQuery to get the field list.

If you use that with JavaScript or Python you should be able to check a table and pull all fields and then go over the fields one by one and filter for the ones you want then take the data and create a csv with it. If you plan on going this route I can suggest an SDK that would help with that and can possibly guide you in the use of them if you need the help. Only go this route if you are already familiar with JavaScript or Python though.

You didn't mention if you were looking for only a native solution or not. I'm not sure how to accomplish this natively.

• 3.  RE: Export Field Properties of a table into a CSV file

Posted 03-12-2020 18:55
    Thanks, Austin.  I'm hoping for a native solution; but, it looks like Pipelines might get me there.  The API_GetSchema call provides all the info I'm interested in on the Field Properties side, so it's just a matter of iterating over the response and getting the data where I need it to be.

Christopher Wheatley