Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Save report link as records

Posted 09-07-2019 20:04
    Is it possible to turn a report link (see NVG report below) into records in a new table?

------------------------------
    Dante Tognoli

• 2.  RE: Save report link as records

Posted 09-07-2019 21:38
    Yes, but you ned to have a way to identify the records to be copied.  A way to do that would be to have a single field on a single record in a table called Focus Pilot.  The record will be [Record ID#] of 1.  Make a relationship to those table which has those Report Link records.

You would make a checkbox field say on the parent record and then set up an Automation that will fire when the checkbox is checked.

The Automation would write the Record ID# of the Parent record to that Focus Table and then you will have set up a saved table to table import to copy records where the [Related Pilot] is equal to that Focus Record ID (and if there are any other filters on the Report being used for the Report Link field) .  The copy action can also uncheck the checkbox on the Parent Pilot record as the last step.

I don't know enough about the purpose of your app or what these Repot Link records represent to know if this exact solution will work,  but basically the concept is to have an Automaton set the the Focus, and then run a saved table to table import.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Save report link as records

Posted 09-08-2019 13:25
    Ok, thanks for the information. I'll work on it and get back to you if I have any further questions.

Dante Tognoli