Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to NOT select Kanban group

Posted 06-24-2020 18:19

I have a fairly simple Kanban board report for tasks grouped by Status.

Under the "Show a group for" option, I've selected "only these" and a number of the status items. 

When I first created the report I had mistakenly selected "not assigned", which I don't want because this is a report of items filtered on those assigned to me. 

But even when I remove the "unassigned" and save or even after clearing all selections and selecting the columns I want, not including unassigned, unassigned is automatically populated. 

What might be causing this behavior? Is there some other setting that would make a specific single-select field option required when used to group a Kanban board on?

• 2.  RE: Unable to NOT select Kanban group
    Best Answer

Posted 06-24-2020 19:22
    Edited by Paul Easton 09-01-2020 17:40
    If you make the status field a required field then that Kanban column will go away. It's there to allow you to blank out the Status.

------------------------------
    Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Unable to NOT select Kanban group

Posted 09-01-2020 17:41
    Thanks's mark, that did the trick!

Paul Easton

• 4.  RE: Unable to NOT select Kanban group

Posted 06-24-2020 23:52
    Paul,

If I'm understanding your issue correctly, I ran into this before and contacted customer support. They confirmed it is a bug. If you open a support case and tell them which status you want removed, the developers can do it for you. Other than that, you have to delete the report and recreate it.

Mike Tamoush

• 5.  RE: Unable to NOT select Kanban group

Posted 09-01-2020 17:42
    Thanks Mike, but Mark's response up thread fixed it for me. Sorry for not updating the thread.

Paul Easton