Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Address field with Pipelines QB channel?

• 1.  Address field with Pipelines QB channel?

Posted 06-30-2020 13:54
    Hello... I am trying to enter Street 1, Street 2, City, State, Zip from one app's address field to another app's address field and get the error below. The pipeline is set up correctly and runs fine when I don't include the address fields. I am using the individual sub fields.

This is what I get...has anyone else? 
    "Validation error: Incorrect template "{{a.address_city}}: expected token 'end of print statement'. got 'Address_city"
    I don't see that error in the Troubleshooting section of Pipelines Help.

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Heather Bryant

• 2.  RE: Address field with Pipelines QB channel?

Posted 06-30-2020 15:57
    Hi Heather, 

I just touched base with the dev team on Pipelines on your issue to see if they had any ideas and it looks like this is related to an issue they have found with the address fields. It has to do with some of the field mapping causing an error, it is one they have a bug for and are looking into. If you wanted to be tied to this issue if you create a Care case they can tie it to the bug and you will get updated as they look into it. 

The dev I spoke to wasn't sure if it would work in all instances but he suggested trying to rename your address field so that it has no spaces in the name if your address field currently has spaces. That has helped in some instances but not universally. Certainly let me know if you have any further issues creating a case or with your Pipelines. I hope the information is helpful.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base

• 3.  RE: Address field with Pipelines QB channel?

Posted 07-10-2020 18:21
    Hi @Heather Bryant!

I'm not sure if this was your issue, but I posted this in the QB Slack a few weeks ago:

FYI I just resolved a Pipeline error that showed up when populating an Address field with another Address field (both from Quick Base) when the field name has a space, such as, "Contact Address". The syntax shows up as {{c.Contact Address_street_1}}. The fix is to add an underscore between "Contact" and "Address" directly in the Pipeline (no need to rename the actual field).​

Sharon Faust (QuickBaseJunkie.com)
    Founder, Quick Base Junkie
    https://quickbasejunkie.com

• 4.  RE: Address field with Pipelines QB channel?

Posted 03-28-2021 20:24
    Edited by Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach) 03-28-2021 20:35
    Thank you Sharon and Evan.
    Wow.  That bug really should be fixed.  I will put in a ticket.

I was trying to create a QuickBooks Customer when a Quickbase Customer was created.

I encountered a similar error as Heather.

Validation error: Incorrect template "{{a.Billing address_city}}: expected token 'end of print statement'. got 'Address_city"

The solution was to hand edit the code to insert an underscore in place of the space. "{{a.Billing_address_city}}

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: Address field with Pipelines QB channel?

Posted 04-07-2022 14:16
    I ran into this same issue, and adding the underscore allowed the Pipeline to run, however, the address does not actually copy. I get this error:

"Skipped because set values are the same as in source object."

Which is bizarre because My Address Field 1 is filled in, and Address 2 is blank. I tried in another case where I was copying multiple fields, including an address field. It copied ALL fields EXCEPT simply skipped the address field. No explanation or error, just didn't copy it.

Has anyone else had trouble using pipelines to populate one address field to another?

Mike Tamoush

• 6.  RE: Address field with Pipelines QB channel?

Posted 04-25-2022 16:58
    @Mike Tamoush

If you are trying to update Address 1 (filled in) with Address 2 (blank), you have to use some Jinja because the null value in Address 2 is being ignored.

So, rather than enter something link {{a.address_2}} in the spot for Address 1, you would enter:

{{CLEAR if a.address_2 is none else a.address_2}}

It's a ridiculous workaround in my opinion, but it does the job.

This isn't specific to address fields either, this would be true anytime you have the possibility of overwriting a value with another value that could be null.

-Sharon

Quick Base Junkie

• 7.  RE: Address field with Pipelines QB channel?

Posted 04-25-2022 17:04
    Edited by Mike Tamoush 04-25-2022 17:05
    @Quick Base Junkie

Thanks, but it turns out this was a different issue relating to the bug where a address field name cannot have a space in it. If it does have a space, the typical jinja code will​ not work, nor will a modified jinja where you add in the underscores for the spaces. Contacting customer support, they told me I must use this format:

{{a['Physical Address_city']}}

(where my field name was Physical Address).

This worked for me, but they really need to work on the bugs in the addresses. For clarity, I was trying to fill a blank Address (2) with a completed address (1) and that wouldnt even work unless I used the above alternate code.

Mike Tamoush

• 8.  RE: Address field with Pipelines QB channel?

Posted 04-25-2022 17:12
    @Mike Tamoush WOW! That's nuts!

Thanks for sharing the solution.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a fix and if I have the opportunity to talk with the 'powers that be' at Quickbase about Pipeline issues, I'll add this item to my list.

-Sharon

Quick Base Junkie

• 9.  RE: Address field with Pipelines QB channel?

Posted 04-25-2022 18:16
    Just confirming what Mike said.  I had the same issue myself.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 10.  RE: Address field with Pipelines QB channel?

Posted 08-07-2023 13:01

This is not mentioned in Pipelines docs, but you'd want to use bracket notation with fields that have a space in them, particularly, an address field.  For example:

If you're using a dot (.) to reference a field value in an expression like 

{{a.Patient Address_city}}

You should update that by removing the dot and referencing the field in brackets and single quotes, like so:

{{a['Patient Address_city']}}

AR

• 11.  RE: Address field with Pipelines QB channel?

Posted 08-07-2023 13:12

See also this related discussion.

https://community.quickbase.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=eb308074-98a0-4fa0-a3a8-d6eb4f7da86d&CommunityKey=d860b0f8-6a48-487b-b346-44c47a19a804&bm=eb308074-98a0-4fa0-a3a8-d6eb4f7da86d#bmeb308074-98a0-4fa0-a3a8-d6eb4f7da86d

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 12.  RE: Address field with Pipelines QB channel?

Posted 08-07-2023 13:46

Ah, did not see that.  Thank you!

AR

• 13.  RE: Address field with Pipelines QB channel?

Posted 08-08-2023 13:42

How do we copy an address field like "Project Address" from a table in one app to another table in another app through pipelines? I've been trying all methods but it still isn't working. Need urgent help with this. 

I've even tried the using [] brackets as well 

{{a['Project Address_project address_project address_project address_street_1']}}

Rahul Mathew

• 14.  RE: Address field with Pipelines QB channel?

Posted 08-08-2023 13:52

It might be better to start a new thread with your question. And when you do, if you can post the section of your pipeline where you copy the addess over. From above, it looks like the formula is repeating, as that indicates your field name is: [Project Address Project Address Project Address]

Without seeing the rest of your pipeline, it could just need to be: {{a['Project Address_street_1']}}

Mike Tamoush

• 15.  RE: Address field with Pipelines QB channel?

Posted 08-08-2023 14:40

Also, you may want to take a look at Quickbase's Jinja docs on proper syntax.  It's helpful for this exact thing you're facing.  Using Jinja in Quickbase Pipelines

AR

• 16.  RE: Address field with Pipelines QB channel?

Posted 08-09-2023 05:48

Thank you Mike. I have added a new post: https://community.quickbase.com/discussion/address-field-from-one-table-to-another-table-in-a-new-app-using-pipelines?ReturnUrl=%2fcommunities%2fcommunity-home%2fdigestviewer%3fcommunitykey%3dd860b0f8-6a48-487b-b346-44c47a19a804

Rahul Mathew