Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Exact Forms

Posted 04-04-2022 12:51
    Hello,
    I am following the exact form guide on the Quickbase help page but I am running into an issue. As directed, on the word document I put all my field id#s in tildes but Quickbase is not picking them up as field ID#s but rather just text. So the output on the exact form is, "~15~" rather than the content of field 15. Has anyone else encountered this problem or has any insight into how to solve it. If I find a solution I will post it in this thread. Thanks in advance!

Link to help page I have been using: Creating Exact Forms (quickbase.com)

------------------------------
    Hank Halverson

• 2.  RE: Exact Forms

Posted 04-04-2022 13:25

I have a simple form built this way and it's working fine for me.   Is this the way you're entering them on your template?:

Output:

Note that you can use the field name as well as I have here.  

Jeff Peterson

• 3.  RE: Exact Forms

Posted 04-04-2022 13:50
    This is my input from the word doc that has been linked to my QB table. I used both the name and the FID# to see if it was a field formatting issue. 
    And this is the output in an Iframe.

Hank Halverson

• 4.  RE: Exact Forms

Posted 04-04-2022 14:34

I output mine with a URL button,  perhaps give this a try:

URL Formula button:

URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=dbpage&pagename=" & URLEncode("YOUREXACTFORMPAGE.html") & "&clist=a&rid=" & [Record ID#]

Jeff Peterson

• 5.  RE: Exact Forms

Posted 04-04-2022 14:50

Yeah, I have been switching between the button and the Iframe view. Neither seems to be successful, unfortunately. I will see if I can meet with Kirk Tracey during his office hours tomorrow as he has a couple of videos on the topic. I appreciate the help though and I will report back to this thread with some solutions.

Hank Halverson

• 6.  RE: Exact Forms

Posted 04-05-2022 06:24
    If I remember right, I *think* it may be something to do with the usage of app tokens.  If you have app tokens on, exact forms don't work.  

https://community.quickbase.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=736994e0-6eec-4200-a237-38fcf2a4eebd&CommunityKey=d860b0f8-6a48-487b-b346-44c47a19a804&tab=digestviewer

I hear that there *may* be some changes coming to exact forms, possibly announced at Empower here in a month...

Jeremy Myer

• 7.  RE: Exact Forms

Posted 04-05-2022 13:40
    ***Solution***
    Jeremy was correct. Within the app properties, you can get app tokens that restrict how things interact with the application. If you disable the need of a token, though it sacrifices a level of security, it will allow the Exact Form to link to your tables. 

To solve:
    App settings >> App Properties >> Advanced Properties >> Requires App token = unchecked

Thanks for the help everyone!

Hank Halverson