Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Availability Calendar

Posted 08-18-2020 20:02
    Has anyone attempted to make an availability calendar?

I have a table that logs records of field technicians - the date range they will be onsite for specific projects. I can make calendars and filters to show when any given employee is booked, but is there a way to do the opposite? Make a calendar to show availability?

I have some thoughts but they all seem wickedly complicated. Wondering if anyone else has fought this battle.

------------------------------
    Mike Tamoush

• 2.  RE: Availability Calendar

Posted 08-19-2020 10:50
    Hey Mike!

Two options for you.

Option 1: I built this app back when I was with Quick Base Inc. It works on the concept of creating open appointment slot records, which can be claimed. It's a decent solution, if you have a relatively static schedule. Not a great solution if you're dealing with other methods of scheduling.
    The core of the issue here is that Quick Base doesn't do a great job reporting on lack of data. You can run a report of appointments and group by day of the appointment, but that report won't contain days without any appointments.

Option 2: Recently had a client come to us with a need to book video calls with physicians, and the simplest thing, by far, was to use a scheduling tool. For this client, because they're telemed, we used Acuity. You could also use Calendly. They're both really straightforward apps that do scheduling, really, really well. The integration with Quick Base takes some coding, but not to much.

Let me know how those might work for you. If you want to chat more about those, set up time to talk here. https://calendly.com/samrjones/

- Sam

The Data Collaborative, Inc.
    sjones@datacollaborative.com
    366 Massachusetts Ave, Suite 203 | Arlington, MA 02474

• 3.  RE: Availability Calendar

Posted 08-19-2020 13:37
    Thanks! I'd like to take a look at the app you built, but the link doesn't seem to work for me. Is there something I can search for in the app store?

Mike Tamoush

• 4.  RE: Availability Calendar

Posted 08-19-2020 14:01
    Mike

You should be able to get to the Exchange normally and then search for that app by name.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: Availability Calendar

Posted 08-19-2020 14:21
    If you search in the Exchange, it's called All-Star Appointment Scheduler.

- Sam

The Data Collaborative, Inc.
    sjones@datacollaborative.com
    366 Massachusetts Ave, Suite 203 | Arlington, MA 02474