Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Button URL

Posted 12-19-2019 15:46
    I have a button that adds a employee request for vacation days. Whichever team member is requesting, their data will be shown and this request will tally out of that employees balance of their vacation days. 

The following is the link to their request.-
    https://pim.quickbase.com/db/bpz9krh8c?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_43=16208&z=n8yz

This employee ID # is 16208 hence the location in the link
    The button URL code is displayed as 
    URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_TABLE_1] & "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_43=" & URLEncode ([Employee ID #])& "&z=" & Rurl()

The [employee ID#]​ adds the new request to the corresponding employee. 

I want to add a button to the dashboard that opens a request instead of clicking the button to go to a report that has the button to add a request. From my understanding this has to be done with HTML but please correct me if im wrong. I am not skilled in HTML and would love some help getting this done. ​

Thank you,
    Joe

------------------------------
    Joseph Harari

• 2.  RE: Button URL

Posted 12-20-2019 10:59
    Hi Joe, there's a quick and dirty way to display a dynamic button on a dashboard like this.

If you create a table report, filtered to only show the record for the current user, showing only one column - for your formula field - you can save a click in the workflow to request. You can override the column header to "-", hide the title for the report widget, and also make sure that "Allow viewing records from this report" and "Allow editing record from this report" are unchecked.

If you do, you'll get something like this (see the widget in the top-right):

Brian Cafferelli