Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Is it possible to replace a form with a code page?

Posted 11-18-2020 14:35
    I discussed some issues with an overly complex form in this thread.  The table has been divided into two different tables and one of them is fine, as expected.  However, the form for the other table remains very challenging and I still have the problem of too many derived fields in the form rules.  Is there a way to redirect the edit button to a code page rather than the form?  This would give me the ability to handle some of the logic using JavaScript rather than the from rules.

------------------------------
    Paul Peterson

• 2.  RE: Is it possible to replace a form with a code page?

Posted 11-18-2020 15:32
    While you can't/shouldn't override the function of the built-in Edit button, you could create your own Edit button where you would direct the user to a specific URL. To make sure the users only have access to any navigation buttons that you have built, you can also create a View button (assuming it would be used in a Report) or some form of a "Start Process" button on the form and have it pull up the record with "&ifv=1" added to the end of the standard URL to force the page into an iframe and remove all the standard navigation options.

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quick Base Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/