Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Conditional formatting of a date when it goes overdue.

Posted 12-30-2019 18:00
    I am trying to conditionally change the text color and make it bold when a task goes past its due date. I cannot figure out how to make the date and/or background turn red when the desired "due date" is equal to "due date"+1 or in other words tomorrow. 

I have the field set to be a rich text - date field for the due date which is set when the task is added. 

Example 1: I set a tasks due date for December 25, 2019. Since we are now past December 25, 2019 - I should be able to readily see that that task is now over due by several days. In order to make it clear to the user that her/his task is now overdue I want the report display to show in BOLD and color RED in order to draw attention to the task being overdue.

Example 2: I set a task with a due date of January 15, 2020. That task due date should be simple black text. As I approach the future due date it remains (text color) BLACK and not bold. When I arrive at the due date it should turn BOLD and RED.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Stan

------------------------------
    Stanley Melling
    Director - Special Projects & New Frontiers
    ModTruss, Inc.
    Fond du Lac WI
    844.663.8787 ext. 715

• 2.  RE: Conditional formatting of a date when it goes overdue.

Posted 01-01-2020 11:44
    Unlike Excel, you cannot directly apply Conditional Formatting to a cell.  But you may create a Rick text formula field. 

This is not tested but try this.  if there is a syntax error, please post your code and the error.

var date DueDate = [your date field goes here];  //this is a formula variable so it needs to end in a semi colon.

IF($DueDate <= Today(), "<font color=red><b>")
    & ToText($DueDate))

// The date will appear in the numerical format MM-DD-YYYY

If you prefer to see it where the Month is in Words, like JAN, post back and I have a formula for that.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Conditional formatting of a date when it goes overdue.

Posted 27 days ago

I would prefer to see it where the Month is in Words, could please provide formula for that?

Hridi Jain

• 4.  RE: Conditional formatting of a date when it goes overdue.

Posted 27 days ago

You can wrap a date field in a NameOfMonth() formula function to return the month in words as a quick way to do it. So like: 

NameOfMonth([Date])

Chayce Duncan