Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  User Interface

Posted 09-07-2021 10:23
    Hi,
    In my app, there is a table where customers can add records and I would like to make that add record page look better. I have been toying with it but is it even possible to remove the entire app selection bar, the tables bar, and make it look like a normal webpage form. I have tried going roles >> user interface and hiding a lot of the UI but even with everything hidden the app bar and table bar is still there. Any guidance on how to create a better UI would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for the response!

------------------------------
    Hank Halverson

• 2.  RE: User Interface

Posted 09-07-2021 10:27
    If you suffix the URL with &ifv=1, then all of the Quickbase branding and the table bars will be suppressed.  That will, however, also suppress the save button. So typically the solution is to create a formula URL button which will navigate away from that record to say a thank you page and in navigating away the record will automatically be saved.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: User Interface

Posted 09-08-2021 13:03
    Hi Hank,

Another option if you are looking for ways to customize your users experience is to build an add form in a code page. We actually have an example of that in our code page sample app . You can see a demo of what that option would look like by clicking the purple button on the app dashboard labeled Simple Custom Add or Edit Form in JavaScript. It is a nice alternative if you are looking for some more control of an add or edit form visually, it just takes some JavaScript knowledge or interest in learning. Once you save on the demo page that pops up it will show you examples of how that page was made to compare to.

Evan Martinez

• 4.  RE: User Interface

Posted 09-08-2021 14:36
    Thank you for the responses. Adding &ifv=1 along with the formula url worked well but I could not find a way to edit the size/location of the button within the form, I could only edit the color. So then I tried to create a formula richtext button that I had a little more control over the appearance of but with the formula rich text button the data on the form would not be saved. I have not tried to create this on a code page yet but that might be what I try next.

Hank Halverson