Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Automatically add child records when a new parent record is added

Posted 11-11-2021 15:18
    I currently have an App set up with the tables of Programs, Departments, and Positions where each Program has many Departments and each Department has many Programs. Furthermore, each Program added will have the same Departments and Programs attached. What I am looking to to either have the Related Departments and Positions be automatically created when the Program is created. Or, at leas a button that will cause that to happen once a Program is added.

*Note - Currently the Positions table is only related to the Departments table which is of course related to the Programs table.

------------------------------
    Chris Swirtz

• 2.  RE: Automatically add child records when a new parent record is added

Posted 11-12-2021 12:17
    Have you considered using a Pipeline for this? A pipeline can be triggered by the creation of a record (in this case, Programs) to create additional related records.

Ahuva Brown

• 3.  RE: Automatically add child records when a new parent record is added

Posted 11-12-2021 14:33
    You should definitely use a pipeline for this.  Should be very easy to set up.

Jeff Peterson

• 4.  RE: Automatically add child records when a new parent record is added

Posted 11-12-2021 14:49
    Ok great, I will give that a try. I have been away from QuickBase for awhile so Pipelines are still new to me but this should be a perfect way to get me started with them, thanks!

• 5.  RE: Automatically add child records when a new parent record is added

Posted 11-17-2021 16:44
    So here is a silly question, why can't I find Piplines anywhere? Seems like I saw a My Pipelines tab when I first started the new app but now I don't see it anywhere. What am I missing?

Chris Swirtz

• 6.  RE: Automatically add child records when a new parent record is added

Posted 11-17-2021 17:40
    If you have access to Pipelines that will be a tab towards the top left, just next to the My Apps tab.  If you do not see the Tab for that then Realm administrator needs to enable you for pipelines.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com