Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Capturing Sync error history

Posted 09-01-2020 09:41
    Hi All,
    * I have created a Google Drive Sync table;
    * created a button to let NonAdmins to click and Manually refresh data.-->Placed on Dashboard
    * In case of errors while loading the CSV file, Is there a way to show the errors to the NonAdmins?

1. Can we show this information to Non-Admins in any possible way?

OR

------------------------------
    Vivek Vishwanath
    Hyderabad, India
    +91 8185868789
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Capturing Sync error history

Posted 09-02-2020 12:05
    Edited by Austin K 09-02-2020 12:09
    How are you calling the refresh? I have done this in the past with a JavaScript code page and had good success. I created a button that calls the below code in that page along with the Replication ID. Replication ID is numeric and 5 digits long, at least all mine are. I found this by watching network traffic when clicking the button.

After a user clicks the button on my page it hides the buttons(to prevent many clicks) and then waits for a response to the post. If the response is anything other than 2, it failed.

function refreshCall(repID){ $.post("yourDomain.quickbase.com/qb/sync/refreshTasks?replicationID="+repID, function(data) { console.log(data); }).then(function(data){ window.myData = data; if(myData.currentRefresh.status != 2){ alert("An error message here.") } else { alert("Refresh was successful!") } }); }​

(I tried adding this as a code block of JavaScript and this forum ruined it at least on my end... sorry. Adding a screenshot of the formatted code to better help but leaving the text too just in case you see it correctly formatted.)

I cannot post all my code but hopefully this can push you in the right direction? I don't know of another way to grab the return message without using JavaScript. 

You should be able to pull out more than just a fail or not in the response, the status is not the only thing returned. All I personally cared about was if it failed and to present a nice message to them, not to grab the actual fail message. Hopefully this is helpful.