Posted 12-31-2020 10:20
    Is there any way of permanently disabling this across all apps:

Nobody at my organization likes it.

------------------------------
    USA USA

• 2.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 12-31-2020 10:53
    In its 20 years history there have been several major UI changes that Quick Base has undertaken.  In a short time, after the transition, we can't even remember what it used to look like.

Quick Base plans enhancements to the Table report within the next few releases, in particular in the area of how the Dynamic Filters work,  and then inexorably, we will all be transitioned to the new UI.  

For now, if you don't want the new UI you can erase cookies and it will revert to the old look,  but eventually we will all be transitioned over to the new look.  I too currently prefer the  old look, mainly because that is what I'm used to, but I have clients who love the new look.  

The new UI lays a foundation for further improvements to features, including perhaps one day, inline editing of records while in view mode.  ie, no need to switch to Grid Edit to make updates. 

.. life as we know it will go on just fine in 2021.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 02-04-2021 18:57
    If the enhancement includes putting the dynamic filters in a column on the left, I'm all in on the new style (it's much cleaner overall), but the absence of the dynamic filter list is a big one for pretty much all of my 20K-ish users.

Sherry Blackburn

• 4.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 02-04-2021 19:00
    Feb 22nd!!  It looks like they did a really nice job in implementing dynamic filters on the new table report.

https://help.quickbase.com/release-notes/february-2021-release-notes.html

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-17-2021 21:20
    We hate it too. We call it the herpes of QB. We turn it off and it just pops up again and again. There HAS to be a way to turn this off.

Meredith Moore

• 6.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-18-2021 09:14
    It needs a scroll bar at the bottom for scrolling left to right.

Adam Keever

• 7.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-18-2021 10:48
    What we need is to be able to have choice on the BACKEND of the report. Sure let us CHOOSE a style, maybe even open up that CSS do we can choose header colors, fonts, sizes, column widths / heights, rotation, etc.

Meredith Moore

• 8.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-18-2021 11:04
    Agree, we need more customization options.

Adam Keever

• 9.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-18-2021 11:16
    Global, and per-App CSS choices would be nice.

USA USA

• 10.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-19-2021 13:23
    So if Quickbase adds a feature called "Make copy of CSS". The "Make Copy of CSS" function copies the current CSS of the "New BETA Reports" of the Table Home Page to a code page in App Settings.
    A Builder goes to the Code page and builds by messing up the CSS.
    Back in Table Settings - Table Home Page: is a DDL of each code page where .css is the type (in the name).

Builder applies CSS to a table home page.
    Builder can test different CSS code pages based upon Role (without affecting Users)
    Builder can apply CSS code page to other Roles (Users are impressed).

Builder now starts taking classes in CSS.
    Quickbase starts documenting all CSS classes in a table format for reference, like the API guide. (and makes it editable so we can update it).

Quickbase developers can go back to Pipelines for a while.

Just a thought.

Jim Harrison
    transparency = knowledge + understanding : The Scrum Dudes

• 11.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-18-2021 11:56

A great way to run a business... I don't know why they aren't listening to their customers anymore. They used to be so good about it. Now it is like "Suck it up buttercup". 

My biggest problem is that I group things so that the report will be shorter. Now it is longer than ever and I can't collapse it down. It REALLLLLLY sucks. I have like one record and four grouping rows on top of it. It makes no sense. It also makes me wonder what my Exact forms will look like...

Meredith Moore

• 12.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-18-2021 12:02
    Edited by Mark Shnier (YQC) 05-18-2021 12:07
    I agree that when you have reports using the group by feature it really does suck up a lot of the space. The only way to get that space back is to use the expand icon which is at the top right. 

I was actually thinking I might have to make some combined fields so that a single field contains the group by the nations all in one field so I wouldn't lose so much screen space.  I think I will put in a user voice on that group by issue. It is taking up too much screen space.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 13.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-18-2021 11:27
    Even if you do turn it off for now they have already said the toggle will eventually be going away. It could be in 2 months or it could be in 6 months but it will go away. So learning the new reports, even if we hate them, is going to be time well spent so you don't have to learn them when you are forced to.

• 14.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-18-2021 11:33
    Nobody is denying that, but it still does not change the fact that the new version looks like crap and performs horribly.

USA USA

• 15.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-19-2021 15:04
    This is just how things usually work here. You are the beta test for the report. They will release it in an almost working condition and eventually it may be updated to be better. Look at Pipelines as another example. Sure it works but it definitely isn't what I would call production ready with all the little bugs with it. You end up chasing down lots of issues that have no cause that can be determined. Things like Pipelines erroring one day and then appearing to run correctly from then on but in fact they have stopped working with that error it just doesn't look like it.

The new reports are different and I don't like how they look but I cannot deny that you are able to filter easier and more efficiently with them. I like how intuitive the filtering is as well but not all of my users feel the same way lol. In fact many of them are very confused with the new style but that is more a product of them not liking change and not wanting to see what the new style can do for them.

• 16.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-18-2021 11:48

Adam Keever

• 17.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-18-2021 11:56
    (In the end... the Borg were defeated)

USA USA

• 18.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-18-2021 12:01
    Indeed! I dare QB to put out a real poll on the forum. Not just something that pops up when you are working. (Those are so annoying.)

Meredith Moore

• 19.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-18-2021 16:39
    Resistance is not futile, it is Voltage divided by Current...

Paul Peterson

• 20.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 05-18-2021 16:43
    @ Paul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oT0ZDF7I-E

USA USA

• 21.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-24-2021 10:08
    After giving the "New Style" a completely fair shake....

I have determined that it still sucks, and is still dreadfully slow.

This is a very good case of:  Don't fix what is not broken.

USA USA

• 22.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-24-2021 10:13
    Completely agree. I have tried and tried but it doesn't load, too slow, bugs when going into grid edit mode (it removes any sorting).

Not good at all. Between this and phasing out automations, they are really driving me nuts. I want to start looking into migrating to other platforms.

Mike Tamoush

• 23.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-25-2021 07:41
    This too is so frustrating.  My users hate the new look.  They hated the old one too so yes they all complain as they thought it was so dated. 

But I dont understand why their cannot be a css editor to allow us to personalize fonts, colors, etc.  That is all I really need to make it look nice.  I want the app to look like my companies branding not quick base generic.

Ivan Weiss

• 24.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-25-2021 13:36
    Hi Ivan, we agree about the look of the legacy style for table reports. That is one reason we've re-built them from the ground up. We know that it's a big change, however, which is why we are keeping the toggle available for the time being. The design of the new style comes out of research and feedback from hundreds of customers, and we are always looking for more perspective on how we can do better to make sure the new table report style meets your needs. If you or your users have specific feedback about the new style, Uservoice is the best place for it (https://quickbase.uservoice.com/forums/111823-quickbase-product-feedback). That way we can track the level of support each idea has.

I also wanted to respond to the idea of providing a CSS editor to give app builders fine-grained control over the visual appearance of their Quickbase apps. First, the Quickbase platform is optimized for business users without knowledge of coding such as CSS to build new apps quickly, then iterate on them bit-by-bit. But more importantly, we believe that focusing on the core worfklow and integrations for business apps is a more effective way to realize business value quickly, compared to spending time refining the details of a specific visual design.

For those reasons, we would not be likely to develop something like a CSS editor. However, we do support and encourage professional developers to customize and extend their Quickbase applications using custom code. This is typically done using code pages, where you have full control over the appearance of the page. You can then leverage our RESTful APIs to populate UI pages or custom scripts with data from your tables. We'll be adding more hooks in the product for custom code in the future as well. However, this will always be secondary to our core mission of democratizing software and empowering problem-solvers in line-of-business departments to build their own applications.

Brian Cafferelli
    Product Marketing Manager | Quick Base

• 25.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-25-2021 14:04
    What about performance? The "new" version is horribly slow compared the the "old" version.

USA USA

• 26.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-29-2021 14:32

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with the new table report. Could you submit a support case so we can take a deeper look into these performance issues? We've optimized performance for the new style for many scenarios, but there may still be outstanding cases where we can improve.

Some information that would be helpful to include:

• When does the slow-down happen for you? ie. on initial report load or when perform a certain action like filtering/sorting/grouping etc?
      • Is it equally slow all the time? Or is it intermittent?
      • Are some reports slower than others?
    • What browser are you using? Do the performance issues improve if you use another browser?
    • Any specific examples you can provide.

If there are performance problems in the new style, we want to work to resolve them rather than just brushing them under the rug and continuing to use the old style.

Brian Cafferelli

• 27.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-29-2021 14:39
      |   view attached

There is no "More" button please see snip of my screen.

Please help.

Thanks

Susan Hibbard

Contracts/Estimating Assistant

Preferred Materials, Inc.

A CRH COMPANY

5701 E. Hillsborough Avenue, Suite 1122

Tampa, Florida 33610

O +1 (813) 612 5740

D +1 (813) 901 4763

F +1 (813) 664 8526

E susan.hibbard@preferredmaterials.com

www.preferredmaterials.com

• 28.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-29-2021 14:56
    Hi Susan, the More button is located on table reports. When using the report's new style, the More menu looks like 3 vertical dots. However, the screenshot you shared shows a data-entry form. What were you looking to do on your form, when you were looking for a More menu?

Brian Cafferelli

• 29.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-29-2021 16:37

Thank you! I wasn't in the right place to do it.  I can now Have a great night.

Susan Hibbard

Contracts/Estimating Assistant

Preferred Materials, Inc.

A CRH COMPANY

5701 E. Hillsborough Avenue, Suite 1122

Tampa, Florida 33610

O +1 (813) 612 5740

D +1 (813) 901 4763

F +1 (813) 664 8526

E susan.hibbard@preferredmaterials.com

www.preferredmaterials.com

• 30.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-29-2021 17:34
    Ivan,

There is a user voice the Mark (YQB) started that explains the show on load is abysmal. That is probably the biggest issue in the speed.

But grid edit is monumentally bugged at this time as well. Half the time it just shows a blank report. It doesn't save your sorting. It's just not working. I am surprised the rollout of the new reports came, its honestly embarrassing trying to justify it to my team as to what is going on. Suggest toggling everyone to the old style until the new style is ready for use.

Mike Tamoush

• 31.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-30-2021 12:31
    New Style is not done. Sorry, but that is what we are seeing in the wild.

Cannot filter using OR. - If end user wants to search for more than one string in a single field using the filter icon doesn't do OR. User selects multiple items and result is blank even though the string exists the New Style report doesn't handle OR.

Cannot filter using "Does not Contain" - If User wants to show all except the one string selected. The New Style report only returns matching values.

The New Style report only does one thing. The old style report does two or three things. The old style report has more value.

Recommend making the goal of releasing the New Style report equal to when the New Style report meets or exceeds the functionality of the current more functional Old Style report tool. Until this goal is met provide an option to disable the New Style report in the Admin Console. This solution allows the Customers the ability to continue being able to actually get work done without the inconvenience of dealing with the Quickbase development lifecycle.

Users who are in EA should only see the New Style as default in Apps where they have chosen to take part in EA.

It's pretty simple. It is also obvious to me on a daily basis the New Style report is not ready for GA. Since Quickbase Dev disagrees, give us the option to decide democratically by switch back to the Old Style and let us decide.

Jim Harrison

• 32.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-30-2021 13:22
    QB Dev,

Please, please, please! Let us "turn off" NEW STYLE at the ADMIN or USER level.

We have no argument against your progress reasoning (and related phylosophical arguments), we just want to get our jobs done in the most efficient manner available.

We are asking for a choice to default to "OLD" instead of defaulting to "NEW". It's that simple.

The "Favorite" choice is also missing from the toolbar when in NEW STYLE.

Thanks in advance for considering this request.

Erlan Rice

• 33.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-30-2021 15:10
    Date is center justified
    Time is right justified

No option to control justification.

Jim Harrison

• 34.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-30-2021 15:12
    Changing Column size and printing resets column size to default.

Column size should remain as set by User in print.

Jim Harrison

• 35.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 06-30-2021 17:43
    Hi Jim, I just wanted to clarify that this is a known limitation of the new table report style. The new style is available when you open a report from the Reports & Charts panel, and when you add a report to a new dashboard. However there are a few places where the legacy style will display for the time being - and that includes when printing or emailing table reports. This would be a good item for Uservoice (https://quickbase.uservoice.com/forums/111823-quickbase-product-feedback).

Brian Cafferelli

• 36.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 07-21-2021 13:37
    It's horrible, please make it go away.

Royce Patton

• 37.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 08-12-2021 15:24
    Dear whoever is currently in charge of QBase Development:

For the love of God.....

Please either make it so we can globally turn off the "new style".
    or
    Make the "new style" load faster than a one-legged dog on tranquilizers.

The "new style" is hot garbage, and you should be ashamed of yourself for forcing it on paying customers.

USA USA

• 38.  RE: "New Style"

Posted 08-12-2021 15:36
    USA want to start a user voice for this? I will use every available vote to support. The new reports are no where near ready, and are COMPLETELY unusable. I'm astonished that they don't have a constant string of complaints every day.

Mike Tamoush