Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

How to Work with Date/Time to create days until

• 1.  How to Work with Date/Time to create days until

Posted 11 days ago
    ​Good Morning. I am building an app and having trouble with the Date/Time format while trying to make a display of when assignments are coming up or past due.  I have the formula below but the first line runs into an error because it says the operator "-" can't be applied on types date, datetime. I was able to use it when it is just the date but when I included the time it wouldn't work. I need the time to be able to add it to calendars and other reports. Please let me know if there is a solution. Thank you!

var number numberdays = ToDays(Today()-[Due (Date/Time)]);
    var date Estimate = [Due (Date/Time];

var text red = "<a style=\" text-decoration: none; background: #ea4335; border-radius: 5px; color: #fff; display: inline-block; width: 160px; text-align: center; padding: 8px 20px; font: normal 700 14px/1 \"Calibri\", sans-serif; text-shadow: none; \">"&ToDays(Today()-$Estimate)&" Days Overdue</a>";

var text green = "<a style=\" text-decoration: none; background: #34a853; border-radius: 5px; color: #fff; display: inline-block; width: 160px; text-align: center; padding: 8px 20px; font: normal 700 14px/1 \"Calibri\", sans-serif; text-shadow: none; \">"&$numberdays&" Days Due</a>";

var text yellow = "<a style=\" text-decoration: none; background: #fbbc05; border-radius: 5px; color: #fff; display: inline-block; width: 160px; text-align: center; padding: 8px 20px; font: normal 700 14px/1 \"Calibri\", sans-serif; text-shadow: none; \">"&ToDays(Today()-$Estimate)&" Days Due</a>";

var text gray = "<a style=\" text-decoration: none; background: #c2c2c2; border-radius: 5px; color: #fff; display: inline-block; width: 160px; text-align: center; padding: 8px 20px; font: normal 700 14px/1 \"Calibri\", sans-serif; text-shadow: none; \">Completed</a>";

(If(ToDays([Due (Date/Time]-Today())>5,$green,
    (If(ToDays([Due (Date/Time]-Today())>0,$yellow,
    (If(ToDays([Due (Date/Time]-Today())<=0,$red))))))

------------------------------
    Britton Purin

• 2.  RE: How to Work with Date/Time to create days until

Posted 11 days ago
    Hello Britton, 

You should be able to just put ToDate() in the variable to calculate the number of days and see if that fixes the issue. 

var number numberdays = ToDays(Today()-ToDate([Due (Date/Time)]));

Brandon Drake
    JHI Group
    Monroeville OH