Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  For Each in Pipeline doesn't trigger email notification

Posted 09-09-2021 12:14
    I migrated my Automations (3 of them) to Pipelines yesterday (each runs daily with a filter to limit the record(s) to update.

There were three records to be updated today and they did get updated.

However the email notification on the update wasn't sent - Permission Open and the email address is an Email field in the record.  Each record sent to a different email address and none of them got the email.

The Pipeline Action is a Bulk Upsert. 

It does a Search Record followed by a For Each QB record Do loop which does the record update.

Does this appear to the notification as a single record update or multiple record update (and therefore won't send?)

------------------------------
    Katherine Oakey

• 2.  RE: For Each in Pipeline doesn't trigger email notification

Posted 09-09-2021 12:17
    I mentioned in a previous post, a bulk upsert will not trigger individual email notifications.

The pipeline should be set to run every day and the first step should be a search to identify the qualifying records.  then you will have a FOR EACH to update each record individually.   You should have no reference whatsoever to Bulk Upserts.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: For Each in Pipeline doesn't trigger email notification

Posted 09-09-2021 12:27
    I wasn't sure if the Bulk Upsert qualified if it contained the For Each ...

The Migration is what created the Bulk Upsert as the first step in the Automation.

The Search is there and the For Each is there.

I'll keep reading but looks like I need to tweak the Pipeline to loop through the records and commit after each instead of the COMMIT UPSERT.

Rats!  I was hoping the migration wouldn't need any tweaking :)

Katherine Oakey

• 4.  RE: For Each in Pipeline doesn't trigger email notification

Posted 09-09-2021 12:35
    The conversion tool is not appropriate for your needs.  There is no need to create a Bulk Upsert.

Step 1 search
    Step 2 is a for each loop. Inside the loop is a single step up update record.
    That is all you need.

Mark

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com