Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  How to Collapse Rows within Groups on Embedded Report?

Posted 11-24-2021 06:06
    I have several embedded reports (not Grid Edit Reports) that were designed to collapse by group.   These reports properly allow rows to collapse within groups when the reports are opened in 'Full Report' mode.   When these reports are embedded in a form, the collapsing check boxes are displayed but do not work.  

What setting controls whether or not rows on an embedded report collapse by group?

Thanks in advance for your help!

------------------------------
    Annetta Coleman

• 2.  RE: How to Collapse Rows within Groups on Embedded Report?

Posted 11-24-2021 08:28
    I believe that only the New Style table reports have the feature to collapse groups.  But at this time the embedded reports on Forms are still the "Old Style".

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: How to Collapse Rows within Groups on Embedded Report?

Posted 11-24-2021 08:38
    This report does have feature to collapse groups.   The problem is that it works properly in FULL report mode and does not collapse when embedded.   Do you mean that New Style reports will work properly in embedded fashion?   How does one know which reports are New Style reports vs Old Style reports?

Annetta Coleman

• 4.  RE: How to Collapse Rows within Groups on Embedded Report?

Posted 11-24-2021 08:42
    What I am saying is that embedded reports on forms are still the old style report and hence they do not have the collapse feature.

One way to tell the difference that is if you hover over the right edge of the black heading of a column, on the old style reports you get a white triangle which invokes a drop-down of different actions you can do on that field or column. On the new style reports  you get a three dots icon to invoke the column actions.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: How to Collapse Rows within Groups on Embedded Report?

Posted 11-24-2021 09:43
    Mark -
    Thanks again (as always) for your willingness to share your expertise.   
    Do you have any insight as to when New Style reports will be available to embed and work as they do in Full mode?

Annetta Coleman

• 6.  RE: How to Collapse Rows within Groups on Embedded Report?

Posted 11-24-2021 09:58
    I would say not any time soon. I believe they are still focussing on bringing the New Style reports up to full parity with the old style reports as some of the "more function" (three dots) menu are greyed out and saying (coming soon) and also they are working presumably on improving the load speed of the New Style reports.  I would assume that both of those would be higher priority for resourcing.  ie if I were making the prioritization decisions, that's what I would do.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com