Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

Work around for Kanban

• 1.  Work around for Kanban

Posted 12 days ago
    I have a formula text field that figures out and posts a job status ("In progress", "completed", etc).

I wanted a kanban chart for that, but it only works off a multiple choice field. So my solution was to create a multiple choice field, and have it change using dynamic form rules to match the formula text box. This has a couple of errors:

1) If you grid edit, the dynamic form rules to not fire, and so my multiple choice field does not update.
    2) One of my rules is fired off a related table (i.e. I have an invoice table as a child. They can add an invoice. If they put in a date of that invoice, that triggers my formula text field). However, this does not fire unless I go into edit mode of the project (and as you know, you can add items from a related table without being in edit mode).

Thoughts on a work around?

------------------------------
    Mike Tamoush

• 2.  RE: Work around for Kanban

Posted 12 days ago
    Edited by Mark Shnier (YQC) 12 days ago
    The solution will be two Automations.  One to fire off the parent and one to fire off the child.  It's probably a low volume table and one easy solution is to to create a saved table to table import to import the records into itself, merging on [Record ID#].  

Set a filter to only update where the formula does not = the Multiple choice field.

The Automation would trigger the saved table to table import to update all records where there is a mismatch.
    Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Work around for Kanban

Posted 12 days ago
    Any thoughts on a work around for the grid edit issue?

Mike Tamoush

• 4.  RE: Work around for Kanban

Posted 12 days ago
    Grid Edit will also fire Automations.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: Work around for Kanban

Posted 12 days ago
    Oh, you're talking automations not dynamic form rules. Let me check it out, thanks!!

Mike Tamoush