Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

Find where reports are embedded, when they're used

• 1.  Find where reports are embedded, when they're used

Posted 06-12-2020 16:47
    Hello,

As I've been building my app up, I've been making lots of relationships and trying out different things with reports, and now I have a lot of reports that I don't use anymore. It's a little difficult sometimes to determine if the report is still being used on a form due to different forms for different roles, dynamic form rules that may show or hide a report, etc.

Is there anything in Quick Base that can show you where a report is being embedded if you are not looking at that form specifically?

Also, when you look at the reports and charts for a table and see the "Used Count," what does that refer to? Is it any time someone viewed that report, including embedded?

Thank you!

------------------------------
    Brian

• 2.  RE: Find where reports are embedded, when they're used

Posted 06-12-2020 17:42
    Whenever I make use of one of those "Embedded for" reports on a form I ALWAYS rename it like

Used on Customer

So I know that it is used on the Customer form.

I typically don't worry about the extra clutter of those Embedded for report, but when I go to delete a field, then I know that if its only used on an "embedded for",  then it is  not really used.

I know that does not directly answer your question but it might help going forward.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Find where reports are embedded, when they're used

Posted 28 days ago
    Thank you for the tips!

Brian